good morning :frow
glad she is home. it's the little things :hugs
:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day
Good morning! There's no place like home!
:frow Good morning Parront, have a great day
Plus no one waking her up at all hours to get vital signs
:frow Good morning Cappy, have a great day and you're so right.
That's REALLY counting your chickens before they hatch. :lau:gig
:frow Good morning Rae, have a great day

IMG_20200710_065416.jpg IMG_20200710_065504.jpg

A lot less scared of me. Forgive the poop deck. I spray it off after I fill the pool.

Well didn't Webster turn out to
be a handsome guy!
I think this is the first time iv'e seen any of them un blurry lol!
Bunch of pretty little quackers.:)
View attachment 2236423View attachment 2236424

A lot less scared of me. Forgive the poop deck. I spray it off after I fill the pool.

Well im set now.
Eggs are set, food is bought, worm ranch restocked,waterer and feeder replaced after squirrels found it delicious and pop up pen swapped out for one with an attached bottom instead of Velcro
I found a killer deal on gently used ones on ebay so I picked up a little and big one, they can be used for so many situations it never hurts to have spares.
The velcro bottom sucked at cleaning time, attached though I can put the kids in the tiny one, upop the big one and go dump it like a poop burrito.
Sometimes im so lazy smart I scare myself. :D

Well didn't Webster turn out to
be a handsome guy!
I think this is the first time iv'e seen any of them un blurry lol!
Bunch of pretty little quackers.:)

Well im set now.
Eggs are set, food is bought, worm ranch restocked,waterer and feeder replaced after squirrels found it delicious and pop up pen swapped out for one with an attached bottom instead of Velcro
I found a killer deal on gently used ones on ebay so I picked up a little and big one, they can be used for so many situations it never hurts to have spares.
The velcro bottom sucked at cleaning time, attached though I can put the kids in the tiny one, upop the big one and go dump it like a poop burrito.
Sometimes im so lazy smart I scare myself. :D

Yeah...hard to get clear pics when they are trembling in fear and running away.:hmm

If I can escape the dogs today I will try to buy a few watermelons. We will be over 100°.

The Webman isn't even in his full glory yet. That takes two years to achieve.

Two years, wow he's got to age like a fine wine huh?
Kind of opposite from human dudes once they've aged enough to be any better they are nearly dead. :p
Yeah...hard to get clear pics when they are trembling in fear and running away.:hmm

If I can escape the dogs today I will try to buy a few watermelons. We will be over 100°.

The Webman isn't even in his full glory yet. That takes two years to achieve.

20200708_153712.jpg

I was gifted 3 tiny Serama babies! All 3 together only weigh 63 grams at a week old.
They are lively vocal little stinkers.

My final hatch is under way. 3 babies out and peeping. I of course have to run out for a bit so can't just sit and watch them.

My TV remote broke. Nothing works. New batteries didn't do a thing. But that means I can't even turn the TV on. Who thought putting NO buttons on a TV was a good idea?

Wanted to brain storm some ideas with you guys too. The medium coop has awning windows.
20200709_211558.jpg 20200709_211551.jpg
So hinged at the top which is great when it rains. But you can see I have sticks propping them open. If the wind really picks up the window shakes a little and stick falls out. So thoughts on a way to keep the window open but make it adjustable?

I thought about using chaise lounge adjustment brackets.... 51el2ogDQHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Putting a screw through one end so it will fold up into the window and I could drop it down to hold the window open. But I think the fins/holder wave thingies face the wrong way.

Then I thought maybe a long hook for a hook and eye system...
Put the hook in the window frame then space out eyes along the window itself. But I can't wrap my head around the math to make that work...
Depending on where I attach the hook in the frame will determine how long it can be. But if its too short it won't open the window far enough...
Does that make sense? I'm even confusing myself.
I'm rather visual so...
15943911345098968980271906235070.jpg
This is what I'm picturing but need the correct math to get the length of the hook to reach the various angles to use each eye.

Damn...my geometry teacher was right. I will use it one day! 🤣

View attachment 2236509
I was gifted 3 tiny Serama babies! All 3 together only weigh 63 grams at a week old.

My final hatch is under way. 3 babies out and peeping. I of course have to run out for a bit so can't just sit and watch them.

My TV remote broke. Nothing works. New batteries didn't do a thing. But that means I can't even turn the TV on. Who thought putting NO buttons on a TV was a good idea?

Wanted to brain storm some ideas with you guys too. The medium coop has awning windows.
View attachment 2236516View attachment 2236515
So hinged at the top which is great when it rains. But you can see I have sticks propping them open. If the wind really picks up the window shakes a little and stick falls out. So thoughts on a way to keep the window open but make it adjustable?

I thought about using chaise lounge adjustment brackets....View attachment 2236520
Putting a screw through one end so it will fold up into the window and I could drop it down to hold the window open. But I think the fins/holder wave thingies face the wrong way.

Put the hook in the window frame then space out eyes along the window itself. But I can't wrap my head around the math to make that work...
Depending on where I attach the hook in the frame will determine how long it can be. But if its too short it won't open the window far enough...
I'm rather visual so...
View attachment 2236551
This is what I'm picturing but need the correct math to get the length of the hook to reach the various angles to use each eye.

What about an adjustable length hook? Think of a car antenna. One pipe inside another with a thumb screw drilled into the outside pipe to choose the opening width and a hook at the end. Then you can prove your teacher wrong, no Geometry needed! :gig

Two years, wow he's got to age like a fine wine huh?
Kind of opposite from human dudes once they've aged enough to be any better they are nearly dead. :p

I hope he minds his manners. While he is freaking awesome I won't tolerate spousal abuse.

View attachment 2236509

I thought about using chaise lounge adjustment brackets....View attachment 2236520

I'm rather visual so...
View attachment 2236551

IMG_20200523_125133.jpg

If you were to put the hinged part on your frame sill and screws at different heights not fully seated in your window frame.....so they clear when closed it MIGHT work to be adjustable.

Freaking cute tiny chicks you have there!

There will be no store run today. They are paving my street. :sick
Not only do I not want that on my car the humans out there and big noisy equipment freak the dogs out enough I worry about a fight.

View attachment 2236509

I'm rather visual so...
View attachment 2236551

I think @aart had an idea on one..or maybe she remembers what I am thinking about :oops:

Back
Top Bottom