received_352972005843220.jpeg
received_2853610054875117.jpeg

Attachments

• received_2646402669007907.jpeg
    received_2646402669007907.jpeg
    771 KB · Views: 4
Ok Y'all.
Throw me ideas please.
This is the Bitty house I am needing to modify. It is TINY at just 3' deep and 4' wide.
I have a couple pieces of siding (small chunks) enough to add up to 11 inches in height. I think it needs the height to let moist air out easier.
I have it on legs now that give 20" of clearance under it.
Thinking of making one side wall hinged for cleaning. That or the front.....
I do have 2 pieces of 10' long 3' wide metal roofing and the cull 2x4's I got for this.
IMG_20190830_124342.jpg

Ok Y'all.
Throw me ideas please.
This is the Bitty house I am needing to modify. It is TINY at just 3' deep and 4' wide.
I have a couple pieces of siding (small chunks) enough to add up to 11 inches in height. I think it needs the height to let moist air out easier.
I have it on legs now that give 20" of clearance under it.
Thinking of making one side wall hinged for cleaning. That or the front.....
I do have 2 pieces of 10' long 3' wide metal roofing and the cull 2x4's I got for this.
View attachment 2340903
Not 100% sure on exactly what you said you had to work with lol. Sorry.
if you're wanting to allow a little bit more airflow and keep it easy to clean since it is that low to the ground I would recommend having the top hinge that you can lift up for cleaning instead of having to get down and try to scrape out the front.

Or another suggestion if you have the materials would be to raise the entire unit a couple more feet off the ground and add an entire bottom layer to it making the coop part elevated.

Not 100% sure on exactly what you said you had to work with lol. Sorry.
if you're wanting to allow a little bit more airflow and keep it easy to clean since it is that low to the ground I would recommend having the top hinge that you can lift up for cleaning instead of having to get down and try to scrape out the front.

Or another suggestion if you have the materials would be to raise the entire unit a couple more feet off the ground and add an entire bottom layer to it making the coop part elevated.

The coop part is raised (I am short so just 22 inch legs). I have 2 pieces of siding measuring 22"x49" yes 49".
I was thinking I could raise the front and back adding on to the tops of the walls and incorporate vents there. The sides I would add onto the bottoms due to the roof slant.
That flip lid....omg it is SOOOO freaking heavy. I won't be reusing it. Well....maybe the sheet of plywood. I want to tie the coop into the (new) walk in run using the roof trusses and metal roofing.

Rough side view....

IMG_20200919_190724.jpg

This would house 3 bantam cochins.

Got to talk to my older neighbor man with Jerry being Jerry on my shoulders and head.
I watched their house and fed their cat last week and they brought me some chow chow, corn salsa and tomato and bacon salad dressing and 30$.
The canned goods were in a box so I had zero hands to reel in my chicken son.
I bet they enjoy having me as a neighbor. :p

Need name suggestions for a chick. Most of my birds earn their name. Its something that describes them in some way physically or personally. Sometimes its a word I use continually and it sticks.
Merida is named after the Dinsey Princess. While treating her I kept saying "you're so brave" so Merida she became.View attachment 2339236

Now I have a chick that I was rudely referring to as Yicky. Poor thing had vent gleet at a month or so old so its butt was always gross. Durning treatment I would reach for it and say "let me check your yicky butt" When I moved it and the seramas to the small coop it seemed OK but apparently got some serious bullying. It has dark feathers on its head so I didn't see little peck scabs. Then they tore open its neck somehow. I cleaned its whole head including under the skin where puss had begun to take hold. Kept an eye on it and today noticed its head didn't look right. Poor thing was full of more dead tissue. It literally has a scalp of swiss cheese. Trying to clean it the skin was just falling apart.
So it needs a better name than Yicky. Something like a super hero would have. A great resilient character. Graphic photos hidden but if you want to look I included them.

View attachment 2339234
Wound I originally noticed was the lower one on the neck. Other large one came off feathers and all while cleaning its head.
View attachment 2339235
There are actually 4 smaller holes around the outside of the big hole that opened during cleaning. You can see the poor things skull!
Wonder woman!

Back
Top Bottom