When I lived in the old house that had the pond the 7 year cicadas came up. The ground looked like giants in cleats had roamed around there were so many holes. Then the trees were covered in the dried shells the cicadas left behind. The sound was the weirdest. Like a movie version on a UFO landing. A constant low hum - buzz sound.

When I lived in the old house that had the pond the 7 year cicadas came up. The ground looked like giants in cleats had roamed around there were so many holes. Then the trees were covered in the dried shells the cicadas left behind. The sound was the weirdest. Like a movie version on a UFO landing. A constant low hum - buzz sound.

Good morning Nunny 🙂 have a great Wednesday

Cicadas 😱 everywhere you walked are drove it crunched!! I'm in no hurry for another dose of them.

Good morning everyone.

I have LOTS of work to do today. Got an early start.
:frow Good morning Rae, have a great day
good morning everyone!!
:frowGood morning Cheepteach, have a great day
:frow Good morning Nunny, have a great day

Good morning everybody :frow

My family called them locusts. Their shells are super weird. I always tried to figure out what cicadas were, since they looked just like locusts :) !
Oh! And grasshoppers. They called those locusts too, brown locusts I think.
Never could figure out what a grasshopper was either. I learned not to call things by their regular names while there.

I remember the first time (and only time) I saw a cicada husk. Freakishly alien and although we hear them we just never see them. THANK GOD! :th

I can't recall ever seeing one before moving to Virginia, but your right the husk sticking to everything was definitely creepy.

The year they came out was horrible 😵

Good morning everybody :frow

My family called them locusts. Their shells are super weird. I always tried to figure out what cicadas were, since they looked just like locusts :) !
Oh! And grasshoppers. They called those locusts too, brown locusts I think.
Never could figure out what a grasshopper was either. I learned not to call things by their regular names while there.

Good morning Fishy 🙂 have a great Wednesday

Back
Top Bottom