I had to stand on the lids, rubber mallet might work

Oyster shell don't get bad unless moldy. They dissolve though. I had them in a new garbage can that the handle was on top of the lid and leaked
I tried sitting on the but it didnt work. I’ll put them on a more stable surface and try again, making sure to bring reinforcements 🤣.
I
Good afternoon folks,

Went shopping with Thing 1 this morning. Had to go an hour away for the butter we like. 🙄 Took entirely too long. I'm exhausted. DH took a nap from 4am-6:20am so he could stay up with Thing 2. He had lunch ready when we got back which made things a LOT easier. While we were out, we ran into my SIL at Walmart so we got a bite to eat at the local chick-fil-a and talked for a little bit in the car. I needed to eat anyway because I ate much earlier than I was used to and felt sick.
Wow! That must be some butter 🤣 have you tried making your own? Its really good, and ive only ever had store bought cream when ive made it. Mini cattle are becoming more common, if you dont have much room. The boys would love them im sure. Q🥰🥰

Good belated morning everybody :lol: :frow

Im happy to report that Im actually getting my bum in gear and working on stuff outside, despite the yucky day. I was tricked into thinking it was a nice day outside, i swear. It was sunny and as soon as i went outside it turned yucky. Overcast and precipitating. Not sure what was falling from the sky but it was wet.
* got Zeldas cage fixed. Shes my female American Blue. Th bottom started to give way on her cage. Not sure why, so I had to unhook it and convince her to come out on her own because shes a big girl, 11 lbs?, and put someme 1x1 underneath her hdw cloth. It looked like it was unzipping. Never seen anything like it.
* got two pallets put in the run. The girls were not sure about them at all and wouldnt go near them at first. I had to bribed them with apples 😁
* started getting the new feed storage system in place and discovered that Gamma lids are impossible to put on your bucket. Will need to use a sledge hammer, im sure.
* started to gather everything for the vent holes and thankfully looked before plugging in the extension cord because it is sopping wet. ☹☹ Now I need to wait for it to dry. I put the one end in the house, hopefully it'll speed things up.
* bought a rabbit poo pan and will be putting that under the roost. We just couldnt find our old litter boxes and buying enough new ones for the space was nearly as expensive as one of these pans. We’ll see, but I have good hopes it'll work out. Anybody else remember when litter boxes were a couple bucks? Not anymore. Now all I could find are $7-9! These are just your plain old rectangular box!
* went to move the grit and oyster shells under the deck and found the tub is full of crap hubs has been just tossing in there 😡
Also found that it was wet in there. Would the oyster shell still be good after getting wet? Do they spoil?

Gamma lids.....rubber mallet and work your way around and around til they are seated.

They are NOT removable from the bucket they are put on so use good buckets and keep them out of the sun.

I LOVE my buckets with gamma lids.

Wow! That must be some butter 🤣 have you tried making your own? Its really good, and ive only ever had store bought cream when ive made it. Mini cattle are becoming more common, if you dont have much room. The boys would love them im sure. Q🥰🥰
It's organic, 100% grass fed, fairly inexpensive and tastes pretty good. If I were to get something comparable nearby it would be twice as much and not be 100% grass fed. We are picky with our groceries. I'd like to have a cow, but I think I need to get out of the young kid's phase of parenting first. My FIL does most of the chores these days and he refuses to milk a cow. Can't blame him, its a lot of work. We have a raw milk supplier we use for our drinking milk but buying cream to make our own butter is just too expensive.

Gamma lids.....rubber mallet and work your way around and around til they are seated.

They are NOT removable from the bucket they are put on so use good buckets and keep them out of the sun.

I LOVE my buckets with gamma lids.
Had one bucket break, picked pieces of rim out of lid with needle nose. Did mess up the seal a bit... wouldn't reuse for tight sealed people food, but good for lots of things

Well todays venture into the abyss many call "shopping" netted me 60% of what was on the list.
I got TP! 😳 Only size package available should hold us for 5-6 months.

Tried to get my meds refilled. Yes "tried". The distribution center in Denver is "out of stock". Good thing it's nothing important like medicine. :rolleyes:
Don't worry. Hubs is on the same meds, same doses. If need be I will "borrow" to get by. Yup, I am reduced to stealing pills from an old man. 😥 soooo ashamed.

I will try for my missing items at 2 other stores.

Huh. Then why is everyone so on edge about it??

Just got word that we're going all remote again. Our county hit level 4. I'm not sure what that means for me just yet, but I'm hoping I get the option to work from home since we technically have only 10 more work days until Christmas Break anyway. This way I can have lots of time to gather all the stuff I need to get their ventilation taken care of. I scooped some more poop form under their roost last night. They weren't entirely thrilled I interrupted their bedtime stories. :gig:lau
I was always under the impression that chickens didn't need much. I certainly don't regret getting them and they really don't need much in the grand scheme of things. Definitely less than a dog, maybe even a cat. But everything they do need is outside, in the cold, and I hate wearing gloves. :rant I have tiny hands with fat fingers, so most gloves have at least an inch of empty space at the end of each finger that gets in the way of everything I do. I did inadvertently find some nice driving gloves. My bicycle gloves I bought for the machines at the gym :love
Here is a photo of what I was talking about. My mom’s rooster had the tips of his comb dubbed by frostbite. It healed over fine and he is great. I remember Bantychooks mention that some of her single combed birds ended up with “Minnesota cushion” combs (what they call a comb that has been VERY dubbed by frostbite.
A7E2A881-26FC-444C-A430-AB1D025EAF2C.jpeg

Yeah chewy is 50/50 for me, higher prices usually but since I don't have to go get it or deal with hubs in any sort of way it evens out.
I would rather take a sitz bath in pop rocks on top of an ant hill than shop with him.
:lau Love it

I didnt even think of chewy. Theyre usually more expensive on what I buy. Thanks! I’ll dry fit the pan i have now and check on the shipping cost to see what my next step is.

Ohhh, nooo!
I can see your hubby now "first taste is free". 😂
Well todays venture into the abyss many call "shopping" netted me 60% of what was on the list.
I got TP! 😳 Only size package available should hold us for 5-6 months.

Tried to get my meds refilled. Yes "tried". The distribution center in Denver is "out of stock". Good thing it's nothing important like medicine. :rolleyes:
Don't worry. Hubs is on the same meds, same doses. If need be I will "borrow" to get by. Yup, I am reduced to stealing pills from an old man. 😥 soooo ashamed.

I will try for my missing items at 2 other stores.

Back
Top Bottom