How you know you have good chicken broth. It was really the consistency of jello. That was only from the body of the carcass in the crockpot. I didn’t add any other body parts to it. Cooking feet in the broth will also get you nice gelatin like this.
F7B7151F-1C05-462B-AF13-5EBD78E2EF0C.png

Well todays venture into the abyss many call "shopping" netted me 60% of what was on the list.
I got TP! 😳 Only size package available should hold us for 5-6 months.

Tried to get my meds refilled. Yes "tried". The distribution center in Denver is "out of stock". Good thing it's nothing important like medicine. :rolleyes:
Don't worry. Hubs is on the same meds, same doses. If need be I will "borrow" to get by. Yup, I am reduced to stealing pills from an old man. 😥 soooo ashamed.

I will try for my missing items at 2 other stores.
Sorry for laughing but the way you put it was too funny. We've been there. St one point all three of us had the same meds but different dose so we'd make do as needed. Oknow what you mean by the tp. I used to get only the 4 ct, but nobody even has that small pkg anymore. We're out now. WM was NUTS. I started making comments kinda loud-ish. Thats whem i knew it was time to leave.

Sorry for laughing but the way you put it was too funny. We've been there. St one point all three of us had the same meds but different dose so we'd make do as needed. Oknow what you mean by the tp. I used to get only the 4 ct, but nobody even has that small pkg anymore. We're out now. WM was NUTS. I started making comments kinda loud-ish. Thats whem i knew it was time to leave.

The only place that could net me a few of the remaining list items was....wal-mart.
I found several things on my list so that is good. The store was PACKED with people. They had the ventilation system on HIGH and cold. I was as quick as possible. Get in. Get my stuff. Get out.

I was on a mission to find my precious green chillies. Wally world actually HAD 3 packages. I now have 3 packages. It is rare for me to buy the last of a thing but dadgum it this time.

Good belated morning everybody :lol: :frow

Im happy to report that Im actually getting my bum in gear and working on stuff outside, despite the yucky day. I was tricked into thinking it was a nice day outside, i swear. It was sunny and as soon as i went outside it turned yucky. Overcast and precipitating. Not sure what was falling from the sky but it was wet.
* got Zeldas cage fixed. Shes my female American Blue. Th bottom started to give way on her cage. Not sure why, so I had to unhook it and convince her to come out on her own because shes a big girl, 11 lbs?, and put someme 1x1 underneath her hdw cloth. It looked like it was unzipping. Never seen anything like it.
* got two pallets put in the run. The girls were not sure about them at all and wouldnt go near them at first. I had to bribed them with apples 😁
* started getting the new feed storage system in place and discovered that Gamma lids are impossible to put on your bucket. Will need to use a sledge hammer, im sure.
* started to gather everything for the vent holes and thankfully looked before plugging in the extension cord because it is sopping wet. ☹☹ Now I need to wait for it to dry. I put the one end in the house, hopefully it'll speed things up.
* bought a rabbit poo pan and will be putting that under the roost. We just couldnt find our old litter boxes and buying enough new ones for the space was nearly as expensive as one of these pans. We’ll see, but I have good hopes it'll work out. Anybody else remember when litter boxes were a couple bucks? Not anymore. Now all I could find are $7-9! These are just your plain old rectangular box!
* went to move the grit and oyster shells under the deck and found the tub is full of crap hubs has been just tossing in there 😡
Also found that it was wet in there. Would the oyster shell still be good after getting wet? Do they spoil?

Good afternoon Fishy 🙂 hope your day was good !!

Good afternoon folks,

Went shopping with Thing 1 this morning. Had to go an hour away for the butter we like. 🙄 Took entirely too long. I'm exhausted. DH took a nap from 4am-6:20am so he could stay up with Thing 2. He had lunch ready when we got back which made things a LOT easier. While we were out, we ran into my SIL at Walmart so we got a bite to eat at the local chick-fil-a and talked for a little bit in the car. I needed to eat anyway because I ate much earlier than I was used to and felt sick.

Good afternoon Rae 🙂 hope your day was good !

Good afternoon!
Iv'e been doing a good deed and spreading the chickness to my older neighbors.
They inherited a cochin roo and three ladies from a freind along with a little setup so iv'e been getting it as ready as possible for everyone involved.
I can already tell though im in for a fun time.:)

Odin was Apryl's boy.:)

Good afternoon Chicky 🙂 hope your having a good day !

Ahhh. I feel cozy when Grammy welcomes me . :frow

Hi Bob :frow

Oh, thanks Marie 😊 I'm glad you came over to join us 😍

Chille hoarder!:pop
The only place that could net me a few of the remaining list items was....wal-mart.
I found several things on my list so that is good. The store was PACKED with people. They had the ventilation system on HIGH and cold. I was as quick as possible. Get in. Get my stuff. Get out.

I was on a mission to find my precious green chillies. Wally world actually HAD 3 packages. I now have 3 packages. It is rare for me to buy the last of a thing but dadgum it this time.

I did have a good day!
Got the neighbors little chickens settled in about an hour before sunset.
All mine were giving me serious dirty looks from the fence, like I was cheating on them.:D
Good afternoon Chicky 🙂 hope your having a good day !

Oh, thanks Marie 😊 I'm glad you came over to join us 😍

Back
Top Bottom