Good morning everybody :frow

Got woken up at 4:45 to kiddo being incredibly noisy. Apparently he was moving the humidifier around. Its a large whole house unit. He put it in his room and then back into the hallwAy. Apparently it smelled bad? 🤷🏻‍♀️ It only gets used in winter and that was the first time its been turned on. He has a baby gate in his doorway to keep the dog out who likes to make a mess in his room and was getting even more mad because he couldnt get it back in. Then Cleo decided since everybody is up it must be playtime. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ She LOVES to mess with the bottom drawer on my nightstand. No idea why. I didnt get back to sleep until 5:30, which is way too late to fall asleep. I should have just stayed up 🤣🤣
:frow Good morning fishy, have a great day

Stacey is bumble free, easiest one iv'e ever delt with.
I waited until she was on the nest and taped a cotton ball saturated in vegetable glycerin on top of the scab to soften it up really fast.
I gave her about half an hour and it just slid out like a basic zit.
Packed the little hole with some of that salve from your bee dude.
She never even tried to leave the nest, don't think she even felt it.
Got to love those egg trances.;)
A soak could do the trick if it looks like it will come out on its own. Maybe a soak with a little squeeze. You can always post pictures and we can make more suggestions.

Stacey is bumble free, easiest one iv'e ever delt with.
I waited until she was on the nest and taped a cotton ball saturated in vegetable glycerin on top of the scab to soften it up really fast.
I gave her about half an hour and it just slid out like a basic zit.
Packed the little hole with some of that salve from your bee dude.
She never even tried to leave the nest, don't think she even felt it.
Got to love those egg trances.;)

That's awesome, so glad it went easy for you.

I skipped working on the ceiling today and continued on this blanket instead.
It is now a little over 1/2 done.

IMG_20210123_165932.jpg

Im glad it went easy for her, she's a nice little hen last thing I wanted was to hurt her.
She isn't even babying that foot.:)

That's awesome, so glad it went easy for you.

Nice Henny! What are you going to do with the blanket when you're done?
Is it a throw for your bed? 🛏

View attachment 2500533

Im glad it went easy for her, she's a nice little hen last thing I wanted was to hurt her.

Sort of. It's another naptime blanket for hubs. He works crazy hours so naps are important. That stitch makes for a very warm blanket.

View attachment 2500533

That is so pretty 😍 I have two left hands that just can't get the hang of that activity 🤷

She's a very brave girl and she's lucky to have you 🤗

That is so pretty 😍 I have two left hands that just can't get the hang of that activity 🤷

Thanks. It is a really easy pattern.
It's just a matter of learning a few basic stitches. Everything is just how they are put together. There are variations on the stitches but not hard to do.
Lots of practice helps too. It's not knitted it's crochet so just one stick....and it has a hook to help grab the yarn. ;)

Aww, you're so good to that man. :)

Sort of. It's another naptime blanket for hubs. He works crazy hours so naps are important. That stitch makes for a very warm blanket.

Nah, im lucky to have good hens.
After some of the stuff iv'e read on here I appreciate them.;)

Yes! They are super cute dainty little things lol!
You do however sing the egg song for about two hours, you got some lungs sister.:D
I've got a couple talkers. They like to cheer each other on too.

So first I have to share Miss Merida and I. She said I can see the TV just fine. Stop moving. View attachment 2499599
On days I don't have work she sits on the couch with me. Usually on me.

View attachment 2499595
I brought my Seramas into the garage. This is Mike Rowe. (Say it quick 😉) He didn't seem to feel the best. So I weighed them all for worming. Not a single birds is a pound and a half. Thats the smallest dose of wormer I've ever given. They are all in a large double brooder in the garage. So not as cold as a coop and I have a heat plate in there if they want it.
View attachment 2499594
Also started my incubator. 24 tiny serama eggs.

View attachment 2499596
Got Poof Poof his own ladies! Mostly Satin Silkies but there is a showgirl and 2 frizzles in the mix. Poof Poof lost his confidence and the tip of his beak. So a small harem of his own was in order. I'm surprised he's not hoarse from all the crowing.
View attachment 2499598
Small Swedish Flower breeding group! The coop isn't real big and with snow they refuse to go outside. So six ladies with that handsome fella to start.
View attachment 2499597
I also have this ridiculous boy. I don't even know what you would call him. A paint frizzle shy stripper. He doesn't have a full bow tie like a showgirl but there are 3 or 4 feathers on his neck. So not exactly clean either. He's just so outlandish!
They're all so beautiful! I'm jealous you can put them in your garage. I'm feeling guilty about the 12 degree temp tonight.

@apryl29 Don't fret a whole lot about the hyper mobile EDS, it is actually the type you want, as it normally only effects joints and skin. It is a defect in collagen, which is the main connective tissue in those areas. The connective tissue in other parts of the body are different, so there isn't as much of a risk of problems outside of those two areas. Yes, the other one probably has the same thing. Basically they just need to be aware that their ligaments are loose and they may need support sleeves for knees and ankles. They probably won't do well with stitches in their skin, either, so surgical glue is the better option. Other than that, and possibly getting arthritis earlier than their peers, they should be fine. Hopefully all of the other tests come back normal.
Thank you so much for this information! I really appreciate it. It makes me feel a lot better. Once we get all of her test results back we'll know more of what we're dealing with. She got accepted to a college that is two and a half hours away and I'm kind of worried about her being so far away but I'm hoping by the time she leaves everything won't be as new.

View attachment 2500533
So nice! It looks really warm. Kyra made blankets for her and sister using the "loop" yarn. Kinda of a cheaters way but it works.

Attachments

• 20210104_171920.jpg
    20210104_171920.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom