Well somebody else started laying, found a gory little pullet egg.
It wasn't in the chosen nest so I know it is a newbie egg, not that there is anything wrong with the un chosen nests.
The older girls have dibs on the most ghetto looking nest, they love it but im ashamed of it lol.
In fact I was planning on taking it out, guess plans have changed.
It is literally a catbox in a tent made out of a bag.
It looks like they're laying in the trash, of course they'd loooove that one.:th

Luckily it happened in the basement so only 2 dogs involved. The others were definitely upset by it but that is way better than participating in it.

I am however not above tackling a dog like a linebacker to break up a fight.
They better behave today.
No tackling. Gets you to close to the sharp parts. Grab a back leg and pick it up. They can't keep fighting. It's easier if there are 2 people and they can each grab a dog leg but if its only you grab the aggressor. It makes them so off balance they don't know what to do.

Happy Monday everyone!

I think Thing 2 is dropping his nap already. But that is fine by me, he seems to go to sleep earlier, sleep better at night, and longer in the morning if he doesn't nap. This morning I was awakened by the sound of my FIL coming in to get Thing 1 to do chores, they talked, he left. 5 min later I hear Thing 1 yelling for Granddad and crying. Apparently, even though he woke up at 6:30 and DH got up and got him clothes (We've been doing that and going back to bed), he wasn't even out of his jammies when FIL came in at 7:15. He had gotten dressed very quickly and was trying to catch up with Granddad. I helped him on with his snow pants and boots and he got outside for the first time in a week or so. Maybe he'll get dressed quicker tomorrow.

I didn't sleep all that well last night but it wasn't the kids fault. Well, not 1 or 2's fault. I had my first bout of time-able Braxton Hicks contractions last night and that kept me awake and woke me up from a sound sleep a few times. I knew they weren't the real thing, they were just annoying enough to keep me awake.

34 weeks today. I have 4-8 weeks left. Yay.....

I'm sure it doesn't seem like it to you but I swear you announced your pregnancy last week. 2020 was so weird. Time dragged then flew and then stood still. You don't have long to go. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I'm sure it doesn't seem like it to you but I swear you announced your pregnancy last week. 2020 was so weird. Time dragged then flew and then stood still. You don't have long to go. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
I think I announced back in late June or early July. We found out shortly before Thing 2's 1st birthday. 2020 felt like the longest year... until December, and that felt like it only took a week.

No tackling. Gets you to close to the sharp parts. Grab a back leg and pick it up. They can't keep fighting. It's easier if there are 2 people and they can each grab a dog leg but if its only you grab the aggressor. It makes them so off balance they don't know what to do.
This is what we did with St Bernards..... after parents found out cattle prods and even hitting the nose with a 2x4 didn't work.

Trouble is I am not so quick anymore and fighting dogs are DANG fast. I will remember the rear leg trick though. I hope to never have to use it.
I do a lot of body blocking every day.....not when they are mad but in order to prevent a mad.

In other news....
I got a green egg from Cassie, a blue egg from Rita and a cute little brown egg from a pullet. A big fat zero from the quack packs.

Last edited:
Hubs will argue over anything, an-y-thing!
Cocoa butter, of all things says you can't eat it.
Man arguing over eating cocoa butter.
We have two bags of food grade wafers in the fridge.
I mean you don't have to eat it, certainly can though.lol!

I hear there are eggs if he needs a snack. :D

Good morning! It is raining again so I get to go play in the mud two days in a row yay!
The bright side is it isn't very cold so i'll take it.:)

Hehe, he could have chocolate scented eggs if he'd just accept im right about the butter wafers.:D
I hear there are eggs if he needs a snack. :D

Back
Top Bottom