Bring it on, Mother Nature!! We could sure use the moisture, as always.

Though I'm a bit annoyed, because I really need to treat some of my girls to a warm water soak to deal with some mite/bumblefoot/icky butt issues, but don't wanna do that when it's in the low 30s all week. :mad:

It's times like this when I wish that bringing them inside for the night to dry off was an option, but sadly I can't make that happen since I live in an apartment and the hens don't belong to me. :hitSo kinda at the mercy of the elements with stuff like this.

I am lucky. No mites, dirty butts or bumbles here. I do need to get a good look at some of my brown layers. Someone gifted me a triple yolked egg yesterday. It is HUGE!

No one is acting off so maybe I shouldn't worry.

Of course this time of year there are a lot of want tos that involve being outside.

I am lucky. No mites, dirty butts or bumbles here. I do need to get a good look at some of my brown layers. Someone gifted me a triple yolked egg yesterday. It is HUGE!

No one is acting off so maybe I shouldn't worry.

Of course this time of year there are a lot of want tos that involve being outside.
Oh wow, triple yolk?! I've never heard of that, amazing! Is she pretty young? I get excited if our girls give us any eggs period, haha. All but two of them are 8-10 years old or older, so egg production is pretty darn low. I got 6 eggs the other day and about fell over, haha. I can't even tell you the last time that happened.

And yes, I'm antsy for warmer weather for sure! Can't wait to get out there and start camping and hiking again.

Oh wow, triple yolk?! I've never heard of that, amazing! Is she pretty young? I get excited if our girls give us any eggs period, haha. All but two of them are 8-10 years old or older, so egg production is pretty darn low. I got 6 eggs the other day and about fell over, haha. I can't even tell you the last time that happened.

And yes, I'm antsy for warmer weather for sure! Can't wait to get out there and start camping and hiking again.

It is super unusual. That flock are all under a year old and are all higher production birds. I expect the occasional double yolk but the triple was a shocker when I made breakfast this morning.

My second flock are all between 2 and 5 year olds. The 5 year olds are not laying.

Well I better suck it up, bundle up and get SOMETHING anything done outside.

Good morning all.
Sunny ☀️ and 36

Caught another big male raccoon, makes 25 in less than a year.

GG spent the night on the foot of the bed. She seems to be adjusting well. Her food was dumped again, I wonder if there's a mouse in the house she is after. I keep moving it. I guess I will pickup before I go out to lockup

Good morning everyone.

I am glad GG is adjusting well. She seems like a sweet dog. She is lucky to have landed with you @Molpet.

Hubs has had his fill of the folks in Mississippi behaving badly. He flies home tomorrow instead of Thursday. It's such a shame none of them were as he had hoped. It will be good to have him home.

Good morning all.
Sunny ☀️ and 36

GG spent the night on the foot of the bed. She seems to be adjusting well. Her food was dumped again, I wonder if there's a mouse in the house she is after. I keep moving it. I guess I will pickup before I go out to lockup
Good morning Mo :frow Enjoy your day and stay warm

Good morning everyone.

I am glad GG is adjusting well. She seems like a sweet dog. She is lucky to have landed with you @Molpet.

Hubs has had his fill of the folks in Mississippi behaving badly. He flies home tomorrow instead of Thursday. It's such a shame none of them were as he had hoped. It will be good to have him home.
Good morning Henny :frow enjoy your day!

Good morning all.
Sunny ☀️ and 36

:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day
Good morning everyone.

:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day... Give your hubs an extra hug when he gets home... It's sad when people can't act like grownups.

:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day

:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day... Give your hubs an extra hug when he gets home... It's sad when people can't act like grownups.

I will. I may have to wait til the dogs are done mobbing him though. ;)
It's hard to get past nearly 300#'s of excited K9.

Back
Top Bottom