Very sad news yesterday. My beautiful Barred Holland cock, Randy Rooster, will have to go to a new owner. The animal control guy was out here and said there have been complaints about crowing. I know that it is the guy across the street who plays his music loud enough to drown out our TV in the house. I know it was only a matter of time. But, the cops do not do anything about the neighbor's noise, my noise will get a $137.00 ticket.:rant
Very unhappy, I like this rooster. I can pick him up, he is nice to the hens. My partner in chickens who lives where roosters are OK is taking him to replace one of the Barred Hollands she has that is aggressive towards her. I hope Randy Roo works better for her.
I'm so sorry you have to deal with someone like that :hugs I am happy you have someone to take him !

I am sorry @Parront. :hugs
Wanna borrow my dogs for a month? ;) They will make the neighbors beg to have Randy back.

In my town roosters are allowed IF there are no noise complaints. So far 2 neighbors have roosters. I call them Kellog and Kellog Junior. I have zero issue with either even if they do crow from 2am to midnight.

Some people are such an anus.
Very sad news yesterday. My beautiful Barred Holland cock, Randy Rooster, will have to go to a new owner. The animal control guy was out here and said there have been complaints about crowing. I know that it is the guy across the street who plays his music loud enough to drown out our TV in the house. I know it was only a matter of time. But, the cops do not do anything about the neighbor's noise, my noise will get a $137.00 ticket.:rant
Very unhappy, I like this rooster. I can pick him up, he is nice to the hens. My partner in chickens who lives where roosters are OK is taking him to replace one of the Barred Hollands she has that is aggressive towards her. I hope Randy Roo works better for her.

That stinks

Maybe if you call enough the cops they will get tired of it and do something.

That stinks

Maybe if you call enough the cops they will get tired of it and do something.
Problem is that noise complaints about the neighbor & his loud music/car go to the PD. The rooster crowing complaint goes to animal control, whose only job is to write ticktes for animals. So he has to do his job! The cops were annoyed when we called in a complaint and told us to talk nicely to the neighbor and ask him to please be quiet. (Which we had already tried before calling in the complaint to the city).
It is annoying to the cops to be bothered by us old farts, & they like the same crap music as the guy across the street, and have lots better things to do than listen to us old codgers. They as much as told us that, so my Hubby went over to talk nicely to the neighbor last week, got cursed out for his efforts. Now suddenly after a year, the rooster is noisy.:tongue
The rest of our neighbors like him, and show their kids the chickens when they walk past. I knew he was against the rules, but there are others in our area, I hear them. Never got any eggs hatched from him, maybe next spring.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with someone like that :hugs I am happy you have someone to take him !
Well, I split the chicks with someone who can keep roosters, knowing this would be a problem. The deal is she gives me eggs to hatch in return. He is taking the place of her Barred Holland who is aggressive with my friend. This good boy was raised by hand and is used to people more, she works a lot. Her boys were the ones that were easiest to sex at 4 weeks old. More testosterone? They were all obvious boys to me at that age, some of the ones I kept were not so easy to tell. So, this guy was slower to mature as a chick, but he is the biggest one. A couple of the ones she got developed leg problems, almost like a Cornish-X, trouble walking, so were processed at 14 weeks. She has 2 cocks left, one is getting processed to make room for my guy. Sad life of a rooster. They have far outlived most of their kind, and have had excellent care.

Back
Top Bottom