Hiya Everyone!

Weā€™ve been busy. Just life, and this app is hard to use on my phone without a PFM because of all the ads and my slow internet connection. Iā€™ve gotten out of the habit of checking in with you all. How are things going? Have I missed anything major?

I mainly thought to get back on here because weā€™ve been having coon issues. The laying hens in our carport tractor havenā€™t been wanting to go into their pen at night. We didnā€™t shut them up three nights ago and a coon got into the tractor and got one of the birds. DH got that one as it was trying to exit the tractor. The birds didnā€™t go away again two nights ago and another bird was killed. We got all the birds away except one brown leghorn last night and set up two DP traps near the tractor. Both had coons in them this morning. The traps were too close to the large door on the end of the tractor and pulled it down. The lone leghorn survived the night. I think we need to do a judicious winnowing of the coon population. Itā€™s beenā€¦. at least 4-5 years since the last time we went after them. And I think they are getting too bold.

As for us, the kids are doing great.
The Milk Drinker is now 15 months and getting into everything. We had to add plexiglass to the shelves behind our couch yesterday to control his depredations on our book collection. He isnā€™t pleased.

6A77C7E4-5074-445C-BEE0-D958A3D63101.jpeg

We attached the acrylic panels with L hooks that weā€™ll have to turn to get the panels out but it is better than having the little one destroying a few books a week or not utilizing the living room as a containment area at all.

F5D41BBE-0A80-4A18-B2E0-BA528C8FCB98.jpeg

Thing 2 just had his third birthday and Thing 1 will be 6 this coming week. Time is flying. Here are some pics. The pics on the rides are from when we took them to Dutch Wonderland 2 weeks ago and the pics with military equipment was from when we took them for a walk around the Army Heritage Center in Carlisle, PA when we were on the road after visiting DHā€™s Grandmother (who the boys are ā€œpushingā€ in her power chair). @Kiki

840B4C6B-364B-41DD-B896-1C5D52B4477F.jpeg
0F5F5E0C-DC9C-40F8-8614-815C754A1159.jpeg
25B30529-38CD-4821-90D7-7A24D22299A6.jpeg
0279BBE7-9722-4904-858E-7BC5A36E945F.jpeg

3DE26226-E1A1-4603-829D-8E7BC2077589.jpeg
1BA47C8B-E59D-4444-BAA7-704A0BA1F893.jpeg
3EC3F552-A2C7-4FBC-9622-BDE29FB75ABA.jpeg
37C00DE9-2764-4A4A-BB97-E152CD3804CA.jpeg
26A7EFFD-B2F5-4748-9B97-800E89FF0863.jpeg
B59436DA-CE2B-4108-8E13-B609BEC6C359.jpeg

Attachments

• F280D80F-7FD0-4DCE-85AC-78D6B5FF70E7.jpeg
    F280D80F-7FD0-4DCE-85AC-78D6B5FF70E7.jpeg
    812 KB · Views: 0
Good morning folks :frow

Good morning all ā˜€ļø sunny and 70
Got about an inch of rain yesterday
:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day
Hiya Everyone!

Weā€™ve been busy. Just life, and this app is hard to use on my phone without a PFM because of all the ads and my slow internet connection. Iā€™ve gotten out of the habit of checking in with you all. How are things going? Have I missed anything major?

I mainly thought to get back on here because weā€™ve been having coon issues. The laying hens in our carport tractor havenā€™t been wanting to go into their pen at night. We didnā€™t shut them up three nights ago and a coon got into the tractor and got one of the birds. DH got that one as it was trying to exit the tractor. The birds didnā€™t go away again two nights ago and another bird was killed. We got all the birds away except one brown leghorn last night and set up two DP traps near the tractor. Both had coons in them this morning. The traps were too close to the large door on the end of the tractor and pulled it down. The lone leghorn survived the night. I think we need to do a judicious winnowing of the coon population. Itā€™s beenā€¦. at least 4-5 years since the last time we went after them. And I think they are getting too bold.

The Milk Drinker is now 15 months and getting into everything. We had to add plexiglass to the shelves behind our couch yesterday to control his depredations on our book collection. He isnā€™t pleased.

View attachment 3163678

We attached the acrylic panels with L hooks that weā€™ll have to turn to get the panels out but it is better than having the little one destroying a few books a week or not utilizing the living room as a containment area at all.

View attachment 3163679

Thing 2 just had his third birthday and Thing 1 will be 6 this coming week. Time is flying. Here are some pics. The pics on the rides are from when we took them to Dutch Wonderland 2 weeks ago and the pics with military equipment was from when we took them for a walk around the Army Heritage Center in Carlisle, PA when we were on the road after visiting DHā€™s Grandmother (who the boys are ā€œpushingā€ in her power chair). @Kiki

View attachment 3163684View attachment 3163685View attachment 3163686View attachment 3163687
View attachment 3163688View attachment 3163689View attachment 3163691View attachment 3163692View attachment 3163693View attachment 3163694
:frow Good morning Rea, have a great day... They grow like weeds.

Good to see you Rae!
I've only been back a couple weeks myself.
The only thing you've missed with me is I've got ten surprise brahmas that I think are mostly hens, they're going on three weeks I think and they're the whole shabang of colors light,dark and buff.
Think I have two cockerels in there.
The other things I had a seizure and literally beat myself purple, knocked out a tooth and got the police looking at the husband all shifty.
Got carried out of the house butt naked in a rubber sheet and don't remember not a second of it.
Your raccoons, if the traps aren't getting it and you can't have someone just waiting to shoot them there's just one other way to get rid of those suckers.
I can't post it, I'd get in major trouble and I'd worry about you using that method because you have all the kids...... which are freaking growing like kudzu!
Those boys are just getting big too fast.:)
Hiya Everyone!

View attachment 3163678

View attachment 3163679

View attachment 3163684View attachment 3163685View attachment 3163686View attachment 3163687
View attachment 3163688View attachment 3163689View attachment 3163691View attachment 3163692View attachment 3163693View attachment 3163694

I can't post it, I'd get in major trouble and I'd worry about you using that method because you have all the kids..
They also have lots of farm animals to get into it also. A RL friend recommended a way for raptors that's probably similar.... Nope, not here

Good to see you Rae!
The only thing you've missed with me is I've got ten surprise brahmas that I think are mostly hens, they're going on three weeks I think and they're the whole shabang of colors light,dark and buff.
The other things I had a seizure and literally beat myself purple, knocked out a tooth and got the police looking at the husband all shifty.
Got carried out of the house butt naked in a rubber sheet and don't remember not a second of it.
Your raccoons, if the traps aren't getting it and you can't have someone just waiting to shoot them there's just one other way to get rid of those suckers.
I can't post it, I'd get in major trouble and I'd worry about you using that method because you have all the kids...... which are freaking growing like kudzu!
:frow Good morning Chicky, have a great day

Glad to see you are enjoying and visiting

Great idea on the panels
I wonder how long until he figures it out šŸ˜‚
We have plexiglass on other bookshelves that the other boys and the Milk Drinker havenā€™t figured out. The panels we just put up are hard for us to remove we need pliers to twist the L hooks out of the way to remove them. So I donā€™t think MD is going to figure it out.
Good to see you Rae!
Sorry about your seizure! I hope you are okay.

The traps we are using at the Duke dog proof traps. They work a treat and donā€™t catch anything that canā€™t grab stuff with tiny hands (designed for coons and possums).

Hiya Everyone!

View attachment 3163678

View attachment 3163679

Is the big boy going to public school or will you be homeschooling him? He's kindergarten age already!???? šŸ˜±. The Plexi glass made me laugh out loud but boy that was smart!

Back
Top Bottom