Good morning everybody :frow

Hubs did the dishes yesterday and thats it. He still will not get his crap out of the bedroom. And yes, it is misc. stuff (crap) so not easy for me to deal with since i dont wanna get blamed for throwing away some thing “precious”. The bed will be here this morning. I got the mattress and box spring moved by the stairs for easy removal since i didnt get the fish tank out of the hall. Hopefully the stuff theyre bringing wont be bulky. Going to rip up carpeting today. yay. I mean :celebrate I may need to sneak my work gloves when i inevidently will need to go buy another knife and pry bar cuz we cant find the ones we have. And paint rollers. Ive been painting the subfloors with kilz after scrubbing to help mask the old smells that leaked through.

Good morning folks :frow

Hubs did the dishes yesterday and thats it. He still will not get his crap out of the bedroom. And yes, it is misc. stuff (crap) so not easy for me to deal with since i dont wanna get blamed for throwing away some thing “precious”. The bed will be here this morning. I got the mattress and box spring moved by the stairs for easy removal since i didnt get the fish tank out of the hall. Hopefully the stuff theyre bringing wont be bulky. Going to rip up carpeting today. yay. I mean :celebrate I may need to sneak my work gloves when i inevidently will need to go buy another knife and pry bar cuz we cant find the ones we have. And paint rollers. Ive been painting the subfloors with kilz after scrubbing to help mask the old smells that leaked through.
:frow Good morning Fishy, have a great day

Good morning!
I absolutely did my morning deal ate a yogurt and passed back out.
I'm guessing I'm a yogurt lightweight lol, just can't handle my probiotics that early. :p

Wow you've got a day and a half ahead of you.
I've got to say you're better than I am, I'd have had that junk in a box and chucked in hub's shed in a skinny minute.
I'm a little mean though, if he wants to keep his precious then he knows it better stay out of the floor.
I won't throw his stuff away but I'll put it 'up' like nobody's business.:lau

Good morning!
I absolutely did my morning deal ate a yogurt and passed back out.
I'm guessing I'm a yogurt lightweight lol, just can't handle my probiotics that early. :p

Wow you've got a day and a half ahead of you.
I've got to say you're better than I am, I'd have had that junk in a box and chucked in hub's shed in a skinny minute.
I'm a little mean though, if he wants to keep his precious then he knows it better stay out of the floor.
I won't throw his stuff away but I'll put it 'up' like nobody's business.:lau
Im running out of room to put it 🙄🙄
The garage is full, the downstairs is full, the attic has stuff.

Ohh, now see that's totally different.
When it gets to that point the overages start going to goodwill.
I've even had secret yard sales but that was before people got so dang creepy.
I've just got a real disdain for tripping over junk though, drives me bonkers.
I kicked a blade attachment that fits a weed trimmer laying in the bedroom floor and that pushed me over the edge.
Never came back. :D
Im running out of room to put it 🙄🙄
The garage is full, the downstairs is full, the attic has stuff.

Years ago, they came out with an "organizer handbag". Purses for women, that had at least 15 compartments/pockets. I carried a medium sized purse, with 1 little zippered compartment. It was not organized, but I could feel around in it, and usually find whatever I was looking for, fairly quickly.

One of my cousins had gotten an organizer bag, and decided I just had to have one. She thought it was amazing. I looked inside. Compartments and pockets, hidden compartments and pockets, compartments and pockets on top of compartments and pockets, and a special keyring with a snap to snap inside the purse so you could always find your keys.

Figuring out what should go into which of the compartments was no easy task. After hours of getting everything sorted into a compartment/pocket I was finally organized. About a month later, I gave away the organizer handbag. Things that I used on a very regular basis, I could find. Those things I did not use as often, I had to hunt through endless compartments and pockets to find. It took longer to find anything I was looking for, because I couldn't remember which of the multitude of pockets I put that exact item into.

I mention this story for a reason. Dh and I differ greatly on our opinions of what we should keep, and what we shouldn't. My stuff is not overly organized, but I can usually find what I'm looking for, if no one else has moved it. Dh, on the other hand, has to organize his stuff. Years ago, he was great at it.

Since retirement he's had a lot of time on his hands. He became more organized. Things that had been in a certain box, container, tub, or spot on the shelf, got moved so it would be better organized. More time on his hands, more organizing. Now it's to the point that anything the rest of us might need, we have to ask him where he put it. Most of the time he knows, but sometimes even he doesn't know where he put something. Of course this leads to more organizing.

Every once in awhile, he gets so frustrated, he decides to just toss out anything non-essential, and start over. See what being too organized will get ya?

I'm from a long line of various species of packrats.
Some were tidy like my maternal grandmother who filled her attic so full that the ceiling bulged out in the bathroom.
Her house was immaculate, garage immaculate, attic though had unopened stuff from 1963.
Other side were ones like my dad that brought more stuff home from the dump than he'd take off and not hide a single solitary bit of it.
I'm a hideous mix of both so I've kinda got to walk a fine line with the junk.
Doesn't help that hubs got along with dad so much dad left him all his treasure and mom kept a ton of grandma's attic stash that trickled down to me.
Personally I've got like four junk drawers so I'm not completely innocent.

Back
Top Bottom