Morning all
38 and cloudy going up to 50 after dark.

Sad day
Stupid owl took out the biggest tom, the breeder. She must be an extremely big owl to take him out. Just ate part of the neck.
There's 30 smaller turkeys out there that will not go in the coops. 2 hens go in most nights.
I have a feeling the feed bill is going to go way down before this owl leaves.

Morning all
38 and cloudy going up to 50 after dark.

Sad day
Stupid owl took out the biggest tom, the breeder. She must be an extremely big owl to take him out. Just ate part of the neck.
There's 30 smaller turkeys out there that will not go in the coops. 2 hens go in most nights.
I have a feeling the feed bill is going to go way down before this owl leaves.
:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day... So sorry about your Tom:hugs:hugs Must be a ferocious owl. My Toms killed the last one to come into the pasture.
Good morning everyone. Molpet, sorry about your loss. Turkeys are too expensive to be losing to a stupid owl.
:frow Good morning Clue, have a great day

:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day... So sorry about your Tom:hugs:hugs Must be a ferocious owl. My Toms killed the last one to come into the pasture.

There was a photo on FB, local county forest preserve site , of a huge gho sitting on a SUV under a light a couple weeks ago. At the library about 2 miles away as an owl flys.... :hit

Good morning everyone. Molpet, sorry about your loss. Turkeys are too expensive to be losing to a stupid owl.
Well I have salvage the meat from the last 5 owl kills. She must grab them by the neck because there isn't any talon punctures. I have too many any way. But not my Tom :rant although I was thinking I needed a different tom, but didn't want to wack him. They don't sell for anywhere near what the meat is worth.

I feel for the birds. I think it must be quick or those wings would injury the owl. Although she didn't eat as much as he others she killed. Left the head, just ate some of the meat off the neck

Im sorry about your owl strikes Mo :hugs Is it odd for them to not eat hardly any of it?
Usually the head and neck is gone.

The shoulder was broken

KIMG0521_01.JPG

And the ribs were cracked where I would cut out a whole bone in breast.

Back
Top Bottom