We have a heavy duty iron filter, and a softener. The iron in this area is off the charts. On one end of this county, where we live, there is really high iron. On the other side, it's high sulfur. There are areas with good water, but that's not where we live. I have to say, the aerator does an excellent job. It hasn't given us any problems until now, and this is along the lines of routine upkeep. The filter medium does have to be replaced every so many years. I just didn't realize how many years it's been since it was last done.

We have a heavy duty iron filter, and a softener. The iron in this area is off the charts. On one end of this county, where we live, there is really high iron. On the other side, it's high sulfur. There are areas with good water, but that's not where we live. I have to say, the aerator does an excellent job. It hasn't given us any problems until now, and this is along the lines of routine upkeep. The filter medium does have to be replaced every so many years. I just didn't realize how many years it's been since it was last done.
I guess iron is better than sulfur lol

Hi all. Hope everybody is doing well. We lost toothless a couple weeks ago. I got her in to the vet and noticed she had a sour crop. Started her on antibiotics but apparently it had been going on for a while. I had her as a house chicken for one night and then took her back to the coop the next day and that evening when I went to go back and cage her she had passed away in the Run. I just didn't notice there was an issue until it was too late. Everyone else seems like they're doing okay though I made sure I went in checked them all after. Apparently they are all elderly chickens since they are all about 6 years old. We're down to nine now.

Hi all. Hope everybody is doing well. We lost toothless a couple weeks ago. I got her in to the vet and noticed she had a sour crop. Started her on antibiotics but apparently it had been going on for a while. I had her as a house chicken for one night and then took her back to the coop the next day and that evening when I went to go back and cage her she had passed away in the Run. I just didn't notice there was an issue until it was too late. Everyone else seems like they're doing okay though I made sure I went in checked them all after. Apparently they are all elderly chickens since they are all about 6 years old. We're down to nine now.
Sorry for your loss 😔

I had a mink get a 8 week pullet. So far I have gotten 2 mink and 4 weasels.

Sorry for your loss 😔

I had a mink get a 8 week pullet. So far I have gotten 2 mink and 4 weasels.
A couple months ago we had mink in the area but fortunately none came in my direction. A woman I work with who lives down the road from my dad had a fox get one of her promise a couple weeks ago. It was horrifying because he was not too far away from it and it just reached into the enclosure and grabbed it. They just had 6 inch fencing for their run because they were only out when they were home. They reinforced it with hardwire cloth since then but once it happens you can never be comfortable again.

A couple months ago we had mink in the area but fortunately none came in my direction. A woman I work with who lives down the road from my dad had a fox get one of her promise a couple weeks ago. It was horrifying because he was not too far away from it and it just reached into the enclosure and grabbed it. They just had 6 inch fencing for their run because they were only out when they were home. They reinforced it with hardwire cloth since then but once it happens you can never be comfortable again.
I had a hawk attack a 16 wk pullet a few years ago in oct....and I was a few hundred ft away. I heard an alert and seen a flash of brown. I ran and scared it off. She was still alive and spent the winter in the living room. She eventually recovered enough to go out by summer.

Good to hear from you, but I'm sorry for your loss :hugs

Yeah, he hasn't been feeling so good lately, they are trying to figure out what going on, I'm sure he'll be back at some point
Hugs and prayers for you both :hugs

Its been interesting here. Mostly good thankfully, i guess. Hubs walked off his job and the new old job of subbing (again) wont start until school starts of course. So thats been interesting. I wouldnt mind being solvent one of these days. I have a strong suspicion that wont happen as long as we stay together. He just doesnt get it.
on the plus side, we visited family during my break and saw the best fireworks 🎇. It was good to see almost everybody after nearly 20 yrs. Sad though, very very sad that we havent been visiting. We didnt have enough time to visit everybody sadly. Our home town has an awesome area for fireworks so hundreds of people can enjoy them without crowding. Much better than here where you can only see the really high ones.
we bought kayaks And renewed our fishing licenses. Hopefully those will actually be used. I wouldve preferred renting as its cheaper, but hubs hates renting anything. the bunny is still battling his infection. We thought it was healing but discovered it isnt. So hes going to the vet monday. Yay! Another $500 down the hole. At least hes worth it. Cant rent med treatments 🤣

Back
Top Bottom