faylinnc

Chirping
Apr 29, 2018
Hello everyone! I'm back! I have more Issues with My ducks sadly. My female black swedish duck, April, has been turning white which I guess isn't really that big of a deal I think it's from all the stress because her sister died but she's been turning white at a very fast rate and I've noticed that she hasn't been pooping... she's acting normal and all that but when she does poop, it's very wimpy and really small and it like dissolves into the grass. I'm really worried about her, does she have some kind of intestinal issue? I love her so much and I'd be really sad if anything was wrong with her. She hasn't been pooping or at least I haven't seen her poop in a really long time. Someone please help me!! :(

Has she been eating and drinking? I would get her some electrolytes at a feed store and dissolve in her water...I would also get her a friend.
Yeah. I have 2 ducks, so she has a friend, dont worry :). My ducks share the same water, so would the electrolytes affect the other duck in any way that doesn't have this issue?

Yeah. I have 2 ducks, so she has a friend, dont worry :). My ducks share the same water, so would the electrolytes affect the other duck in any way that doesn't have this issue?
It would be fine to give them electrolytes...gives them extra vitamins, which is good! If you separate her from the rest of the flock, it would not be a bad idea to add electrolytes to all your ducks water in case this is some kind of spreading illness. Is a vet and option?

Can you cage her for a while to limit her movement so you can make sure/see if she is pooping or not and get a few pictures of it?

What do you feed her?
I feed both my ducks chicken layer pellets from my local store called bio fuel oasis. Not exactly sure what's in them, but they've been eating these pellets for nearly 2 years and there hasn't been any issues until now. And yes, I will try my hardest to get a few pictures of her and her waste.

It would be fine to give them electrolytes...gives them extra vitamins, which is good! If you separate her from the rest of the flock, it would not be a bad idea to add electrolytes to all your ducks water in case this is some kind of spreading illness. Is a vet and option?
I actually will probably add the electrolytes into the ducks water that they share because I think my Pekin might have it too. And no, sadly not. No vets around me will take in a duck. :(

download.jpg
are these the kinds of electrolytes i should give her?

I feed both my ducks chicken layer pellets from my local store called bio fuel oasis. Not exactly sure what's in them, but they've been eating these pellets for nearly 2 years and there hasn't been any issues until now. And yes, I will try my hardest to get a few pictures of her and her waste.
Ok so don't change the feed.

I actually will probably add the electrolytes into the ducks water that they share because I think my Pekin might have it too. And no, sadly not. No vets around me will take in a duck. :(
It is ok that a vet is not available....lots of people can't go see vets and there ducks heal(and others don't I just want to tell you that now) we are going to work are best on this. Yes give them electrolytes! Are they eating?? I would put sick ducks in a cage and watch and see if they poop.

Back
Top Bottom