I'm sure they could, I can order it online as well but is it effective for quail? I can maybe get coccivet from a local petshop, will that do it?
I don't understand why it wouldn't work for quail but I'm not convinced it's the problem.

Can you get poop pics?

I don't understand why it wouldn't work for quail but I'm not convinced it's the problem.

Can you get poop pics?
I read that it's not effective for quails in a study I found online and when you look at the product page where you can buy Amprolium, quails aren't listed as a bird you can treat with this. If that isn't the cas, I'd love to know. I got a poop from the separated quail. It looks pretty normal.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 8
Removing the shavings and keeping them on just paper towels (or a towel) for a few days...will make it easier for you to get a good look at their poop.

I read that it's not effective for quails in a study I found online and when you look at the product page where you can buy Amprolium, quails aren't listed as a bird you can treat with this. If that isn't the cas, I'd love to know. I got a poop from the separated quail. It looks pretty normal.
I don't think coccidiosis is the problem.
Hold on.

@007Sean Are you online right now?

Removing the shavings and keeping them on just paper towels (or a towel) for a few days...will make it easier for you to get a good look at their poop.
Part of their brooder is wire mesh so, I can see lots of poop but can't be certain what poops are from the sick quail (except for the one in the photo, it's the only one since I separated them earlier today). Do you have any idea what else it could be? I don't want to see them all follow in the path of the first one, I'm starting to panic!

The pic of the dropping looks 'normal'. I don't think it's Coccidiosis! The other pic of them laying about the brooder, appears they are 'heat stressed'.

It's definitely not UE, ulcerative enteritis.
The only other thing that might possibly be the cause is Aspergillosis...of which there is no cure/medication. Only strict biosecurity measures and good sanitation will help prevent Aspergillosis. They can inhale dust, molds from the shavings that are contaminated with spores.

I also, don't think its quail bronchitis, if they had that, they would be having respiratory distress, coughing, sneezing, raling and watery droppings.

Sorry, not much help but those are the 3 most common ailments that can inflict quail in domestic environments.

I just looked but they don't have poo butts. I'm attaching the food bag. I use a coffee grinder with this to make it small enough for them.

I'm in Australia too. I used this starter once. It's not great though because it needs to be crushed a lot. The one I use now is Laucke Mills Gamebird Starter.
gamebird starter.jpg

The other one has 24% protein but this one has 28%

Back
Top Bottom