I want to can some potatoes too but I simply don't feel like peeling a gazillion potatoes tonight.
I've never canned potatoes. Probably because they last pretty well in the basement. In fact... I don't know that I've ever had canned potatoes. 🤔

Just in case someone reading this don't know: Potatoes have to be pressure canned.

I've never canned potatoes. Probably because they last pretty well in the basement. In fact... I don't know that I've ever had canned potatoes. 🤔

Just in case someone reading this don't know: Potatoes have to be pressure canned.
I've never done it either but we have a lot of potatoes and no basement. 😂 It's so dang hot in the South right now that we are loathe to run the oven. And we're "potato'd out" on mashed & fried potatoes. So I figured I'd try to can them as an experiment since I've never done it before.

Canned potatoes are one of the few (store bought) canned things I will eat! They're good to bring camping, I think that's probably the only reason I've ever had them. Buy the sliced ones & throw them in a foil pack with oil & onions & throw em on the fire. :)

So I figured I'd try to can them as an experiment since I've never done it before.
Let us know how it goes!
Canned potatoes are one of the few (store bought) canned things I will eat! They're good to bring camping, I think that's probably the only reason I've ever had them. Buy the sliced ones & throw them in a foil pack with oil & onions & throw em on the fire
That sounds really good. Home canned (glass jar) wouldn't go camping, of course.

Glad I've had dinner, because this thread always makes me hungry!

Got 17 baggies of 2 1/2 cups each sweet corn today. Did 5 rows of the 9, hopefully finish the rest tomorrow.
20230719_111737.jpg

20230719_131248.jpg

Back
Top Bottom