Pics
I dehydrated the remaining chipotles and then decided today to toss them in the blender. I now have over half a pint of chipotle chili flakes. They should be great to add a spicy, smoky flavor to dishes like chili and tacos or even on top of pizza. I'm dreaming up a chipotle cream sauce over pasta now.
We dried and ground our Thai hot peppers for same

We took the buffalo sauce of the emulsifier last night, strained and put it in a jar……1/2 gal yield. We started my green sauce to emulsify until Halloween or so. Also jarred assorted red peppers with the scorpion for a “medium” sauce 😵‍💫
Emulsifying takes that long? Isn't there a faster way?

Emulsifying takes that long? Isn't there a faster way?
Mr muddy uses the hand blender too while emulsifying. Timeline is basically preference like fermentation. The buffalo was about 7-10 days mainly because we were out of town.
The longer it sits, the more the peppers break down realeasing more of the flavor. Mr muddy definitely prefers the flavor of fermented over pickled now that we’ve used both methods.

Making the green tomato salsa today. I had to multiply the recipe. I'm filling my second largest pot (the largest doesn't fit well in the stove because our microwave is over the stove or else I would be using it instead). This pot is 16 quarts and I'm filling it. 20lbs of green tomatoes, 20 cloves of garlic, 20 tsp canning salt (7 tbsp actually in my case), 20 cups of cilantro (I'm going to start with 5 cups though and check the flavor), and 10 cups of onions.

The tomatoes are in the pot and cooked a bit already, and I got the garlic all peeled, chopped and in the pot along with the salt. I'm on the onions now. I had to stop after peeling and chopping 2 cups worth because I could no longer keep my eyes open.

Also, this is only the first batch. There's 2 or 3 more batches worth of tomatoes! Any other green tomato recipes? I'm not sure I need 48-60 quarts of green salsa. I think 30 or quarts is more than enough, so I'm open to ideas for the rest. Never did pickled green tomatoes but I've heard of them. I might end up just freezing some other wise unless you all come up with something.

Making the green tomato salsa today. I had to multiply the recipe. I'm filling my second largest pot (the largest doesn't fit well in the stove because our microwave is over the stove or else I would be using it instead). This pot is 16 quarts and I'm filling it. 20lbs of green tomatoes, 20 cloves of garlic, 20 tsp canning salt (7 tbsp actually in my case), 20 cups of cilantro (I'm going to start with 5 cups though and check the flavor), and 10 cups of onions.

The tomatoes are in the pot and cooked a bit already, and I got the garlic all peeled, chopped and in the pot along with the salt. I'm on the onions now. I had to stop after peeling and chopping 2 cups worth because I could no longer keep my eyes open.

Also, this is only the first batch. There's 2 or 3 more batches worth of tomatoes! Any other green tomato recipes? I'm not sure I need 48-60 quarts of green salsa. I think 30 or quarts is more than enough, so I'm open to ideas for the rest. Never did pickled green tomatoes but I've heard of them. I might end up just freezing some other wise unless you all come up with something.
We made chow chow and my grandfathers green tomato ketchup recipe last year. We’re trying to fresh fry the last ones this year and/or pickle some more. I think I sent you the ketchup recipe?????

Back
Top Bottom