Pics
I'm afraid my oranges are going to go bad before we can eat them all. I found out that you can peal them and freeze them.
It should work out well to do that to use for cider in the crockpot at a later time.
I'm going to make some banana bread to use up the bananas that are overripe, tomorrow.
You can freeze the bananas too, they work great for banana bread after. I freeze lemons & limes for cocktails too (unpeeled tho), they may not look pretty but they work perfect for the juice or even to grate the rind.

It's the stock that always gets me wanting a pressure canner too. But I think I actually have more freezer room than jar room so I never end up pulling the trigger.

I'm afraid my oranges are going to go bad before we can eat them all. I found out that you can peal them and freeze them.
It should work out well to do that to use for cider in the crockpot at a later time.
I'm going to make some banana bread to use up the bananas that are overripe, tomorrow.
We found a cool gadget for SIL for Christmas…..it’s called Yonanas and it blends frozen fruit into a sorbet. I thought it would be really neat for someone with kiddos to make fun, healthy treats

I just Googled that, as I'd never heard of one. Interesting looking gadget! I really don't need another gadget though, and it's too cold to even think about ice cream style desserts.

I freeze my too-ripe bananas. Then I forget about them. Then I find them. Then I use them to make grownies or smoothies.

This guy has great hot sauce recipes & many methods to make them with. I generally add garlic, salt, vinegar & sugar & cook it & mill it, then water bath can. I have used pineapple or mango. But DH likes a good sriracha & that's relatively plain. I don't bother fermenting because DH doesn't care & I make too much of it to have to have it sitting around fermenting.

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-recipes/hot-sauces/

This guy has great hot sauce recipes & many methods to make them with. I generally add garlic, salt, vinegar & sugar & cook it & mill it, then water bath can. I have used pineapple or mango. But DH likes a good sriracha & that's relatively plain. I don't bother fermenting because DH doesn't care & I make too much of it to have to have it sitting around fermenting.

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-recipes/hot-sauces/
Thank you so much for the link! I saved it to my Pinterest board!

Back
Top Bottom