Pics
I made an error somewhere along the line over the past 4 days... :( I've been making stock. I made a batch each day, straining and pouring it into a food grade 5 gallon bucket stored in the garage fridge. Today I added the last batch to fill the bucket and then I was going to freeze it all in gallon zip bags. I wanted to mix each batch together for a consistent flavor and nutrient profile, especially because the great roasted flavors are in the first batch and the last batch is richest in calcium because the bones are well broken down by then. Anyway, it was a I poured the last batch into the bucket that I noticed an odd odor. It wasn't necessarily awful, and it was familiar. It smelled like a yeast culture I had made before for a prolong source of CO2 for a planted aquarium I had (different story in which I was happy to have yeast). I also then noticed foam forming as I poured. Somehow yeast or something similar was introduced to the bucket of stock(probably from the air) and it flourished in the nutrient rich liquid. I dumped the bucket and sure enough I found a bubbly pancake (yeast bloom) at the bottom. 4 days of making stock from the backs and scraps of 10 turkeys all gone down the drain. :he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he

Last edited:
Hi everyone I am new to this thread and am excited to learn from all of you and share ideas.

I have an induction stove that won’t allow me to use an aluminum pressure canner. Has anyone used an instant pot to pressure can? It appears that quart jars fit but don’t know if it would work. Thanks!

No, You cannot use a regular instant pot to pressure can. It does not hold the correct pressure or temperature for the period needed to safely can foods that require pressure canning.

There are stand alone burners that run on either gas or electric you can use under a regular pressure canner, you can also use gas/propane turkey fryer burners outside or camp stoves.

No, You cannot use a regular instant pot to pressure can. It does not hold the correct pressure or temperature for the period needed to safely can foods that require pressure canning.

There are stand alone burners that run on either gas or electric you can use under a regular pressure canner, you can also use gas/propane turkey fryer burners outside or camp stoves.
That is what i was thinking. Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom