Pics
Well, my bananas and strawberries are done dehydrating. They are pretty yummy!
Dried bananas = :drool
Try apple slices! Absolutely delicious. And you can sprinkle cinamon on them!
DH wanted to try cinnamon once. It was overpowering because he put on too much. Never tried it again, but I'd like to.
That will be my next experiment! Do you put your apples in lemon first?
I do a lot of apples. I don't do any lemon juice or other anti-oxidizing agents. I like to slice them THICK. They take longer to dry, but oh, so good!

Honeycrisp are great, but expensive to buy. Empire are really good, because they have that tangy taste. I usually buy a couple of half bushels at the very end of the season when they go on sale.

I've been making distilled water all day.
My husband needs it for his CPAP breathing machine, and I need it for incubators & plants.
I've been having a heck of a time finding distilled water at the store, so my husband let me buy a distilled water machine for $100.
I was wondering if anyone else was having difficulty finding distilled water. I was looking all over the place too. I would have ordered it online (unless online stores had run out also) but I already ran out at home and I needed it for my incubator. I was afraid I was going to have to make my own if I couldn't find it.

I finally found some in the last place I thought it would be: a grocery store in my small town. They were still running low but I guess being a small town there was less demand than in the city.

I believe there are instructions on-line for using your insta=pot to make distilled water also. Something about attaching a plastic tubing onto the steam vent and then running that into another container.
Not having any problems finding distilled water in the stores around here, yet.
There are weird short-term shortages of odd thing now and then though.

Back
Top Bottom