8 pints of kosher dills, chips, and stackers.
PXL_20230802_181401704.jpg

Sweet corn anyone? I love the summer sweet corn in the dead of winter. Winter sucks, just sayinView attachment 3599445
I think we'll be freezing Sweet Corn next week! Had our 1st taste of corn on the cob earlier this week thanks to my sis-in-law.
My green beans have slowed down. DH thinks next picking will do better. I'd much rather fill my canner up when canning rather than piddle around with only 3 or 4 quarts at a time.... I would like at least 7 more quarts on the shelf before I quit canning them for the season. Then I'll freeze some for soups.

I think we'll be freezing Sweet Corn next week! Had our 1st taste of corn on the cob earlier this week thanks to my sis-in-law.
My green beans have slowed down. DH thinks next picking will do better. I'd much rather fill my canner up when canning rather than piddle around with only 3 or 4 quarts at a time.... I would like at least 7 more quarts on the shelf before I quit canning them for the season. Then I'll freeze some for soups.
My bush beans petered out, but my pile beans are just starting to rock! Hopefully canning some over the next few weeks!

Anyone have a good pressure-canned beet recipe? Looking for something not pickeled if possible.

Hubs just got me a pressure canner! Woot!

Hoping to start canning some beans and beets tomorrow. Pickles & relish will be soon after in the regular canner, as the cukes are finally coming in at a good amount!

Still waiting on a red tomato…this is nuts…I planted a bunch of paste variety for sauce only, and even the cherry tomatoes are still green…

Hoping to start canning some beans and beets tomorrow. Pickles & relish will be soon after in the regular canner, as the cukes are finally coming in at a good amount!

Still waiting on a red tomato…this is nuts…I planted a bunch of paste variety for sauce only, and even the cherry tomatoes are still green…
Our red tomatoes just started to ripen. Been a cooler than normal summer for us. Tiny pie pumpkins and acorn squash, too. I'll be surprised if we get a usable harvest from them

My tomatoes are just blooming , green, or a few pinkish cherry tomatoes this year!! Green beans were great , I canned dilly ones for first time .. we loved them. Cukes are coming on strong had a lot of rain this summer but I'll take that, over all the record heat and 100 degrees we had last year.

Back
Top Bottom