^^Wow!!!

Please let us know how it works, and what you make with it.

I do not need one. I do not need one. I do not need one.....
That's funny. When I saw it, I immediately searched for it because I had to have it. I didn't even ask permission to buy it. ;) I'm banking on my husband drinking the fresh apple juice and being grateful I thought I had to have it.
I told him to stop eating all the grapes because I had plans for them... :lol:

I really like my Steam Juicer. I most often use it for making grape juice concentrate. I've also used it to juice berries for making jelly (skip straining in a jelly bag). I tried apple juice once, but wasn't completely satisfied with the results. I need to try that again. Perhaps I needed a "jucier" apple. I keep thinking I'm going to try using it to make cranberry juice but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I dehydrated all of the cloves from my damaged garlic bulbs tonight! Should be dry by morning. Last year we had a few bulbs go unused, so I am making garlic powder and dried minced garlic from those.

Any other ideas of good veggies to dehydrate/rehydrate?
I did onion powder earlier this summer. Minced onion is a good idea too. I really want to dry my own herbs but I can never grow them successfully. I've tried for a few years in a row and they always start out good then die pretty quick

What are you planting for fall garden?
I usually plant cabbage, broccoli, collards, mustard greens, green onion. I may also plant garlic, lettuce and carrots.
When the weather cools down some I need to work on my strawberry beds. One has tons of runners and the other is so weedy and needs straw added.

Will you have a fall garden?

That's one more than I or my neighbor got in Indiana. The weather just wasn't right this spring for it. Early season flowering fruits run that risk.
Good to know……my first experience with fruit trees
The apples are pretty yucky looking so I’ve been giving most of them to the pigs
But I did harvest over a dozen nice Asian pears yesterday

Back
Top Bottom