Sick bird. Kinda clueless

jellybeansbud

Hatching
Feb 16, 2017
So I have an Easter Egger whose just under a year old. Today she and her flock mates were out scratching around. She was eating and acting fine. I noticed a few hours ago, however, she wasn't acting normal. She's a bit lethargic. Not like sleepy but not moving around a lot at all. Then she just settled down in the grass and one of the tiger birds come over to start pecking her. So I shooed the other away and brought her inside. She wouldn't eat or drink for a while. So I tried giving her a bit of water with some vinegar via syringe. Her abdomen feels soft and normal. Her crop feels full but not hard or ballooned. She has diarrhea now. It's a deeper green and white but watery and very stinky. She's perked up a tiny by since I gave her the water and is now eating some plain yogurt and she seems more active but now one of her wings is a bit droopy. I don't know if it's just because she doesn't feel good. Her vent is clean so I don't think she's had diarrhea for long.

She has not ever laid an egg yet (it got to be winter before she was old enough and I don't keep them under lights). Normal everyday feed is layer crumble, oyster shell and corn offered on the side as is grit. The other chickens seem perfectly fine so I'm clueless. Anyone have any ideas or advice for me? Thank you in advance!

eating and drinking is a good sign, I have a chicken at the moment who hasn't laid for 4 days and continually sits in her laying box trying to lay, she is free range all day, we have just had a heat wave here last week, I'm in Australia and the problem started the day after that, shes not egg bound is eating and drinking as normal, Ive been feeding her unsweetened greek yoghurt and crushed oatmeal which she gobbles down.

Back
Top Bottom