Our farm home is in Polk County. We have a Peking duck, not sure the other two, and two chocolate runners along with tons more amazing animals. Just redid our back and fenced it in and now building the “Quack Shack” for the Ducks that’s how I found Your thread. Search quack shack.

Hey there Tribal! I also found this thread while looking for duck information, and I'm also in Central FL (Lake County.)

Welcome to the duck loving (well most of us...) world! I say that... but I actually don't have ducks. BUT I do have duck eggs in my incubator, so in a few short weeks I can also love ducks. 😍 😂 We just built our own Quack Shack a few weeks ago, so I'm excited to finally get some use out of it!

I think emu babies are the cutest, but goslings are a close second. So here's both:

nwJtkZvXPvcmcaOFFh1d9CUNpvv27OWjDLLxQS5GdDQoA0f4VGj11J4ne8gWcyyF7VXIxoch4sNBkhgwwtEm_qxHjDktJ1BUwvdFeWIWv3wj7ReM7rkWYdgzC82Ro3Eb7xeh0L49CnFuPwmXW1OdQOo-N3Ec8bqv-9oSX94r3KsoVXaN-vlsIsHeuBlxDoMEyqBBu7zNOOvIHL10yAHWJy2Y1kPdCNlYJ-De0aYfcgwMR7p-KUPA8Pi8by-eue2fmlU4mFfZbyWZjWHiOA2WdnGnKIY8OE-laNdAMRl4peJ9tUK2JtEzmBNq7P568dhhxNRzwYATRRCERDY87l4EwIBAT1R3NLtgl35j_tB2yp7_Ybbkpn6FGmtWbrs2UmbsIxRpQDjultR9_gzu3CA2lSjJLDRQoua6n661W9tHB7zIhwsDmeKAE4jABnhmDcAmDk3YfsDugBXwx24411kYqtiWwZZnIJ3JE2RY4bEk01qpbQHNtZ3KhQDhRH9y7EfFrtrveCSqwQdJ1EZrb8ZwGwCIPDmKyyt70zDqygu6YPySecuFfoDAQVvfQBKJhJtM9jjB-LBPvEtcwiYwjG5XCKsPUunOaFS_hRL6IQN4moSnxH5JyR_atydATxnpe_m3emklN3qRixb6B-vlNoA7tSfq9ipmdQNTGkZujTpmcymL46Jyc2Vxupwl1tE5=w1250-h937-no

d3p7jD9Fo8P3REtQtoXz1QdeUXFAkMpvPYmdSTHcDImqRDhaf3YSo4L643HXBcBPNxpQbgxiey29Zf3FiylwyyaLEigMsyc0OjBv3gGa92DqifuizNwKv2hiZkqEXBfykl5mChXSIn7vHNgkfOmR-ha-FPuKSJ3O6HzINicJSQdSR7uuEiT9A8Ei1Lx5erGQ53DjG-Mp5iiIeLnT_Z3ZuhHFYPh9SreF4IMRetG3aOGLS0Ceq7VNQkce8qJd2sQAXQ_BMssDD3nIx9W0kQLec9YuC38Bq-JuUMSyTxXFkW-kgVkMJqMwDJyU3j9_fmefCvuyKoMnOgwuON3v1MLsnoO0JVu0eZ_xQdM741JM8h5KCp9kKYLlZxd0CR4Zk_oku8KGYtwa2dzVllTQrE8sI0ELWbKu7o6hZxQVyFf8DWlNZNXVAOX5AtF1XFJmtZh07Du-mEWHEjkkDv4iHpjo2kIC0sspmJ1mcemh3QMUMgMlx4VwgVYOy67YsNI_amBBaZyZcDcrq12bogOrnoBzCnUihx6cv3VO4vuK0TeZNpYttWfbhPPrgROfVGcY1Tp8smeXjCZp4HFqQ5wg7MHxmrLfxCFsSbNtYER4aDQSuk-l4fcqsdnsOxfq3IpEFjKzmhqSJt3VaVdODwGc3ugr6e1O2QESVVMWAQZmO21yUqmUFUfUhp8kQHFR6_5g=w1492-h937-no

GAH! I can't take the cuteness. Please send them both to my house. K thanks.

So my chicks shipped today. It says they're scheduled to be delivered on Friday. That seems like a long time in transit... does that sound right?

I've only had chicks shipped one other time two years ago, and I still have them. Everyone else has been hatched here so my memory is fuzzy. I'm just hoping they make it here okay since they're coming from the west coast. I'm stressing.

So my chicks shipped today. It says they're scheduled to be delivered on Friday. That seems like a long time in transit... does that sound right?

I've only had chicks shipped one other time two years ago, and I still have them. Everyone else has been hatched here so my memory is fuzzy. I'm just hoping they make it here okay since they're coming from the west coast. I'm stressing.
Mine would sometimes say a day later than when they actually arrived. I think they do it just in case they take longer but mine never have. Probably different by different hatcheries and locations though.

Hey there Tribal! I also found this thread while looking for duck information, and I'm also in Central FL (Lake County.)

Welcome to the duck loving (well most of us...) world! I say that... but I actually don't have ducks. BUT I do have duck eggs in my incubator, so in a few short weeks I can also love ducks. 😍 😂 We just built our own Quack Shack a few weeks ago, so I'm excited to finally get some use out of it!
That is awesome! Nice to meet you, yeah. I am Super excited about the ducks. They took their first water/playtime today and I could Sit and watch them for hours although they are on a 15-minute water timer ha ha I read that they’re like kids and will tire themselves out and possibly drown although the water isn’t deep just an old suburban mat with some water.

Oh my gosh...my heart is bursting!! That is the sweetest thing!!! 😍🥰

That's Desi and Caesar as babies :) Desi hatched, but the rest of the emu eggs I set that would have hatched around the same time did not. Caesar hatched, but I had no other goslings. So, I put them together, and they got along perfectly.

That's Desi and Caesar as babies :) Desi hatched, but the rest of the emu eggs I set that would have hatched around the same time did not. Caesar hatched, but I had no other goslings. So, I put them together, and they got along perfectly.
Love it! Do you still have them? Are they still pretty bonded?

Love it! Do you still have them? Are they still pretty bonded?

Desi unfortunately died :( Failure to thrive, he just started losing weight and nothing I did stopped it, and then he passed away. Caesar's still here, but he hangs with the geese more than the emus nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom