Today has been a wonderful day with a surprise! My "babies" have quickly become unruly teenagers!! I spent15 minutes in the rain trying to get my 6 ducklings (12 weeks) to go inside their coop for the night. Until yesterday, they would very obediently march right into their coop when I coaxed them, but not anymore. Now they split into 2 groups and refuse to go in quietly. Any suggestions?? View attachment 2752284View attachment 2752285
Treats are my only suggestion. Or herding stick. They do enjoy the rain.

I took a long pole and tied some predator tape a rag would work too but this was some tape the wind blew down so I used it. Now when I walk up the hill to get mine to come down I take that pole and walk over behind them put that pole out and boy do they take off down the hill to the coop. I've never touched them with it but I guess it motivates them to get going because they do. Yours look just like rebellious teenagers. lol

I took a long pole and tied some predator tape a rag would work too but this was some tape the wind blew down so I used it. Now when I walk up the hill to get mine to come down I take that pole and walk over behind them put that pole out and boy do they take off down the hill to the coop. I've never touched them with it but I guess it motivates them to get going because they do. They look just like rebellious teenagers. lol
Thank you for the suggestion. I have never had to use anything but wave my hand a bit. But, today was quite different! Funny thing, 4 of them finally went in, but the biggest, Gordon, and the smallest, Minnie, were doing their best to stretch out their bedtime!! 😅

I tried hard to get photos of the ducklings but Dutchess (black duck) was having none of it. My sweet girl innocent as all get out was willing to eat me to protect her new claimed babies.
20210706_151508.jpg

Back
Top Bottom