Time of year. You need some Muscovy females at least 3 each for your Muscovy drakes.
My other drake has never mated before, Lucky mates him. Though, he is pretty mean with everyone. We're planning on getting females tomorrow, actually. Depending if they have any. Lucky isn't mean in anyway, well... when I wear a coat he hisses at me and poofs up his little Mohawk. Other than that he knows I'm boss, and will run away from me if I chase him off.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually cheated a bit on this last hatch and ran 24 eggs in it. I just put 2 on the small spacers in the middle and hand turned them. Did you do anything to the setting for duck eggs vs chicken eggs?

Me too!

Chris I have like 6 brinsea incubators if you want to borrow some! I'm supposed to sell my smaller ones but it hasn't happened yet. Every hatch I end up buying a new incubator because I end up buying more eggs than spots. :gig

Thanks for the heads up. I actually cheated a bit on this last hatch and ran 24 eggs in it. I just put 2 on the small spacers in the middle and hand turned them. Did you do anything to the setting for duck eggs vs chicken eggs?

Me too!

Also I'm hatching Welsh Harlequins in late feb, early march. (I've preordered eggs.)

I'd hate to break up the bonded pairs. I'm not going to have drakes here, I have enough trouble with roosters, haha! I'm actually leaning towards looking into runner ducks instead. That might be a better option for what I'm going for.
Okay... How about 2 female Pekin and a free dinner for eight? ;)

:love

Is he an American Hairless Terrier?
Yes he is. :D We also have a small female named Loki, aka The Blanket Monster.
20200127_094020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom