So one time, and this really happened, I was on the way back from a date with a guy I went to high school with. It was late at night and raining horribly and we're driving on this back road on the way back to my place and suddenly on the side of the road I somehow spot a chicken sitting there.

So I make him pull over and I go back and this poor thing has clearly been dumped there. It was skinny and dirty and had BAD scaly leg mites. So I do what any normal person would and grab it and run back to the car. It is at this point that I spot a second hen on the side of the road a little ways up.

So I pass this wet, dirty chicken to the guy and make him hold her while I run and grab the second one :lau He was a champ about it. Then when we got back to my place he helped me get a quarantine area set up for them for the night in my workshop.

We're still friends and occasionally we bring this story up and laugh about it.
He sounds like keeper material! :cool:
My wife, although would not be happy, knows I'd do the same thing. She showed me a video of my "doppelganger" once. You couldn't actually see the person, but the video was a slow motion of a car slamming on the brakes and causing a 5 car pile up in order to not hit a duck and her babies. She laughed and mentioned something about killing me for it. I laughed and mentioned passing with a smile on my face.

So one time, and this really happened, I was on the way back from a date with a guy I went to high school with. It was late at night and raining horribly and we're driving on this back road on the way back to my place and suddenly on the side of the road I somehow spot a chicken sitting there.

So I make him pull over and I go back and this poor thing has clearly been dumped there. It was skinny and dirty and had BAD scaly leg mites. So I do what any normal person would and grab it and run back to the car. It is at this point that I spot a second hen on the side of the road a little ways up.

So I pass this wet, dirty chicken to the guy and make him hold her while I run and grab the second one :lau He was a champ about it. Then when we got back to my place he helped me get a quarantine area set up for them for the night in my workshop.

We're still friends and occasionally we bring this story up and laugh about it.

This is amazing!!

Here's the new pair!
20200125_150222.jpg
20200125_150246.jpg
20200125_150235.jpg

I've got a bunch more pictures to share from my trip. It just occurred to me today to ask her if I could take pictures of her place. Maybe y'all will understand why I like going over there so much, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom