Sleeping chicks. I'm a bit jealous of them.
20200127_031728.jpg
20200127_025227.jpg

So what you're telling me is those ducks have a clean poop trac huh?
That might be the only time I've brought medicated feed for ducks but I guess it'll be the last.

Do you know why medicated turkey feed still has arsenic-based meds in it? It doesn't really matter as I don't have or use it, I'm just curious.

She's a welsh harlequin. I used to breed them. Nice ducks, very calm, excellent layers.
Thank you. They are very beautiful. How is the breeding with the Aztecs going?

Do you know why medicated turkey feed still has arsenic-based meds in it? It doesn't really matter as I don't have or use it, I'm just curious.

I think just because those are the meds that work best to prevent blackhead. Maybe other options aren't as effective? I'm not entirely sure.

Thank you. They are very beautiful. How is the breeding with the Aztecs going?

Badly. My whole flock aside from one drake flew off. We had an ice storm that lasted three days and the build up eventually tore the netting on their pen down in the middle of the night. I went out to check on them the next morning, and they were all gone. One drake is living with my neighbor's flock of ducks, and I've asked them if they can catch him and return him to me, but they have yet to do so.

Anyway, the people who gave me the first flock are going to give me more birds this spring, so I'm not totally down and out, but I won't be hatching any this year, that's for sure.

I think just because those are the meds that work best to prevent blackhead. Maybe other options aren't as effective? I'm not entirely sure.

Badly. My whole flock aside from one drake flew off. We had an ice storm that lasted three days and the build up eventually tore the netting on their pen down in the middle of the night. I went out to check on them the next morning, and they were all gone. One drake is living with my neighbor's flock of ducks, and I've asked them if they can catch him and return him to me, but they have yet to do so.

Anyway, the people who gave me the first flock are going to give me more birds this spring, so I'm not totally down and out, but I won't be hatching any this year, that's for sure.
Will that stinks but at least there is another chance. They are beautiful little things. It's pretty cool you get to be part saving the breeds population.

Welsh Harlequin ? Chris I felt so sad that those ads selling ducks for special occasions because we know where most are going to end up :hit Go get them all. Then have Mary drug you every night around 10 or so or your going to need to move to SC before you won’t be able to haul all your animals with out a few semis you know the kind they haul cattle in so they have fresh air.:p

Last edited:
Will that stinks but at least there is another chance. They are beautiful little things. It's pretty cool you get to be part saving the breeds population.

Yeah, I was really happy when they told me they would give me more birds again. I felt so horrible about literally losing the whole flock.

Back
Top Bottom