I hope y'all had a Happy Saturday!?

Mine was very busy, apart from the usual duck-duty i had to dig-out my ½mile long driveway; it was buried in leaves. My ducks are molting, so in about a week they will predict how bad the next winter will be. So far Pinball, Pompom and Pommes duck were always correct with their predictions.
And yes, the ducks now have the leafy content of a large black trash-bag as additional bedding in their house. They love the sound that stuff makes and i love the compost it produces.
I have another 36 strawberry plants to plant somewhere. For now i have stuffed all the runners into little plastic pots with soil, so that they can grow roots while i grab the digging fork and dig another strawberry plot. I will keep it simple this time: Dig up, cover the bed with a mix of compost and fine wood-chips and then plant. Whoever makes it makes it… I am so tired of digging up soil with tall grass!
For a Saturday, it was okay. Went and picked up some hay for the bun-buns, cleaned out coops, stared at ducks and chickens, played a bit with the new babies after setting them up in their brooder. Typical stuff.

It was a nice morning to take pictures, too.

20220924_091112.jpg

20220924_090514.jpg

I hope y'all had a Happy Saturday!?

Mine was very busy, apart from the usual duck-duty i had to dig-out my ½mile long driveway; it was buried in leaves. My ducks are molting, so in about a week they will predict how bad the next winter will be. So far Pinball, Pompom and Pommes duck were always correct with their predictions.
And yes, the ducks now have the leafy content of a large black trash-bag as additional bedding in their house. They love the sound that stuff makes and i love the compost it produces.
I have another 36 strawberry plants to plant somewhere. For now i have stuffed all the runners into little plastic pots with soil, so that they can grow roots while i grab the digging fork and dig another strawberry plot. I will keep it simple this time: Dig up, cover the bed with a mix of compost and fine wood-chips and then plant. Whoever makes it makes it… I am so tired of digging up soil with tall grass!

Mine was good! I took the puppy out to a short trail and we walked that. I had thought I might do more work on the emu pasture but decided to just take a day and hang out. Sounds like you did a bunch of hard work!

Good morning / evening folks :frow

Good Grief! - What happened?
Sunday night something in my esophagus ruptured and I started bleeding internally. Monday morning I was so weak we had to call 911. I spent a day in the ER, two in ICU and two in general population. But they fixed it and I'm recovering well. I'm still a little weak, but getting better quickly.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday today! Ducklings sure are, them and our bigger ducks are getting along better everyday now! They do still have their own separate flocks, but the ducklings are starting to not be so skittish when the big ducks come by to check them out. Seems as they are being more accepted by the adults. Seems putting them together where Hope can see them, but not go after them has calmed her down also. Haven’t had to separate them in the yard in two days now, and they even have started getting fairly close when they all nap, which three days ago was unacceptable and was met with serious protests from the big guys. Here is a picture of the babies for their second swim this morning, and actually as I write this they got back in and are going at it again. Hope decided to come say Hello also when I started writing this, demanding some attention, so a picture of her also lol.

Attachments

• 3A3FAC82-ACCB-4E5A-979D-D58492A11728.jpeg
    3A3FAC82-ACCB-4E5A-979D-D58492A11728.jpeg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 0967D9D5-A75D-4E56-8333-70C57A8307C1.jpeg
    0967D9D5-A75D-4E56-8333-70C57A8307C1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Hope everyone has a great Sunday today! Ducklings sure are, them and our bigger ducks are getting along better everyday now! They do still have their own separate flocks, but the ducklings are starting to not be so skittish when the big ducks come by to check them out. Seems as they are being more accepted by the adults. Seems putting them together where Hope can see them, but not go after them has calmed her down also. Haven’t had to separate them in the yard in two days now, and they even have started getting fairly close when they all nap, which three days ago was unacceptable and was met with serious protests from the big guys. Here is a picture of the babies for their second swim this morning, and actually as I write this they got back in and are going at it again. Hope decided to come say Hello also when I started writing this, demanding some attention, so a picture of her also lol.
They are so pretty. Always makes you feel good when everyone is accepting each other.

Back
Top Bottom