Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

IMG_20200210_161937931.jpg
IMG_20200210_161925230.jpg
IMG_20200210_161922076.jpg

These are the chickens my personal eggs are hatching from. My rooster is very friendly and gorgeous at least I think so. The hens are from Meyer hatchery. It's a start lol.

Very pretty <3

Thank you hoping we get some good hatches this year and we can keep the babies that look the best to breed back to dad and then go from there. I can only keep maybe 8 total over winter since I want them to have plenty of space inside when it's really cold. So the 8 best of the best.

I need advice. This little one was pipped when I woke up at 5, made a little progress a couple hours ago, and now nothing. It looks like it was trying to zip, but got stuck. It looks a little crusty and sticky by its beak. I think if it’s not out by 10, in 4.5 hours I might have to help.
What do you all think?
825026E7-B24A-4A80-96C7-8A519A05230E.jpeg

I need advice. This little one was pipped when I woke up at 5, made a little progress a couple hours ago, and now nothing. It looks like it was trying to zip, but got stuck. It looks a little crusty and sticky by its beak. I think if it’s not out by 10, in 4.5 hours I might have to help.
What do you all think?View attachment 2023483
I would help at this point but through the air cell as long as you don't have any other active pips right now. If you open up from the air cell you can put oil on the membrane to see if there are any blood vessels or if it's ready to hatch.

It looks to me like he or she is having problems turning to zip and needs help. So evaluate by opening at the top of the air cell and see if you can assist from there.

Back
Top Bottom