• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zoey K

Hatching
Jun 26, 2017
Hello, I am new to having chickens and made the mistake of putting my four five week olds outside. A raccoon came, tore apart three of them and now there is only one left. I am working on convincing my mom to get more chicks but she isn't having it so she wants to give him away. Majesty (the chicken) hasnt been like himself lately, not playing or chirping just sitting and eating. I am afraid he is depressed. I know i should let him live with other chickens but I love him too much to give him up. What should I do?

Is he pooping or drinking?
Does he have pasty butt?
What breed?
Is it a male for sure?
Where did you get it from?

Give electrolytes or suger water
Make sure Otis drinking.
yes he is pooping, he doesnt he used to when he was little. buff orpington, no we arent sure, a farmer down the road.

chickens are very social animals he needs to be with other chickens.Get more chickens or give him a new home.

Oh bless your heart. why don't you check around .now is the time of year to buy some "started chickens" . see if you can find Majesty three "started pullets" a pullet is a girl chicken under a year old .this time of year there should be some available. how about checking with that farm down the road where you got Majesty ? see if he's got three started girls for you. they should be between two and three months old at this point . Give Majesty 3 pullets. that's a good number. that way you don't have to start with chicks again so Mom is in bothered . but you give him girls are little closer to his own age .
Best,
Karen

I would try and convince your mom to give chickens another chance and atleast one more UNLESS the issue of how the raccoon came hasn't been dealt with, then you should consider rehoming so majesty doesn't have the same fate

Sounds like Majesty need some distraction in his life. buy a small head of cabbage and hang it inside his cage. he will have more fun pecking that cabbage ! cabbage is good for birds and it'll give him a great toy to play with .
Karen

Oh bless your heart. why don't you check around .now is the time of year to buy some "started chickens" . see if you can find Majesty three "started pullets" a pullet is a girl chicken under a year old .this time of year there should be some available. how about checking with that farm down the road where you got Majesty ? see if he's got three started girls for you. they should be between two and three months old at this point . Give Majesty 3 pullets. that's a good number. that way you don't have to start with chicks again so Mom is in bothered . but you give him girls are little closer to his own age .
Best,
Karen
I have some chickens for sell there easter eggers if you convince your mom

Back
Top Bottom