I saw that too!
I did some candling experiments and found that I could see signs of life very early in chicken and duck eggs, though it was really hard to get a good picture of what I was seeing. I think I did a post about a pigeon egg that changed in just a few hours, that was pretty cool, so I'll see if I can find that. :D

I had a 90+% hatch rate the one time I hatched duck eggs in my homemade incubator. I get the temp 98-101 (99-100 when I could watch it). The Humidity I kept between 40 and 55% until 4 days before due to hatch and then raised it to 50-60%. All my eggs that made it past development staged hatched and thrived.
I hand turned 3 times a day. I only opened the incubator to adjust humidity or urn turn eggs.
Good luck!

I had a 90+% hatch rate the one time I hatched duck eggs in my homemade incubator. I get the temp 98-101 (99-100 when I could watch it). The Humidity I kept between 40 and 55% until 4 days before due to hatch and then raised it to 50-60%. All my eggs that made it past development staged hatched and thrived.
I hand turned 3 times a day. I only opened the incubator to adjust humidity or urn turn eggs.
Good luck!

Thanks so much! I’m doing everything the same except turning hem as much as I can (always an odd number)

Good luck!

How old were the eggs you incubated? I’m just unsure because I know some of mine are older than what’s ideal I’m just desperately working with what I have

Back
Top Bottom