Of course I couldn’t resist putting only one or two eggs on the candler this morning and I swear I one I saw the little redder formation moving a little. It’s still so tiny but it almost looked like a beating heart and it made me so excited. I’m trying not to get my hopes up though.

I dropped off the remainder of the eggs (about 12) to my friends farm and her chicken instantly sat on them and covered them all up. Those were the ones I thought were older but we’ll see what happens! I know success rates rapidly decline after day 1,2,3 but has anyone ever had luck hatching older eggs?

Is this referring to the hatching process?? ❤️
I guess yes to the whole incubation process, but my comment was more about assisting when they can't break out of the shell on their own. Hopefully you will not have to deal with this, but if you do, there is a great article to read.

Of course I couldn’t resist putting only one or two eggs on the candler this morning and I swear I one I saw the little redder formation moving a little. It’s still so tiny but it almost looked like a beating heart and it made me so excited. I’m trying not to get my hopes up though.

I dropped off the remainder of the eggs (about 12) to my friends farm and her chicken instantly sat on them and covered them all up. Those were the ones I thought were older but we’ll see what happens! I know success rates rapidly decline after day 1,2,3 but has anyone ever had luck hatching older eggs?
Oldest egg I hatched was 19, 20, or 21 days old (I don't remember).

Back
Top Bottom