Up with the usual leg spasms ugh.... Tonight I kept the horses inside as the two big sissy princesses didn't want to go out they were tired - so I let them stay in. Caught Sally having a snooze 🤗

SWANN_NVR_Camera 3_live_1657771858488.jpg

Also, there some strange dynamics going on at bed time - the young pullets are picking on fluffy and Curly! Who are the bosses along with Penelope!

They kept knocking them off the roost, I tried to get to silkies to roost in the nest box but they were not having it.

Just checked on them and they are at least on the roost, but not in their usual spot.

Barn_live_1657771897450.jpg

I read somewhere that they aren’t supposed to eat avocado but a friend of mine had a literal truck load and fed them to her chickens and they were fine🤷🏼‍♀️
My gals ate all my tomato plants last year and just left the big green tomatoes with no leaves 😲

After being furious I was then freaking out as I was told tomato leaves are toxic to them.... They were fine! And the tomatoes ripened and before I could harvest , one day they ate those also hahaha

Here are Daisy’s eggs with some of the other gals eggs... she only always lays these tiny eggs 🤷🏼‍♀️View attachment 3185548
I plan to put this dozen in a carton and give to someone but not tell them about the eggs! I’d love to be there when they open it and find theses tiny things😆
They are wonderful! I have silkies who lay small eggs but not that small 🤗

On the Move

It was a big day here at Fluffy Butt Acres. Quarantine ended this morning. The Rascals moved into the Cluckle Hut first thing this morning.
View attachment 3185517View attachment 3185518View attachment 3185519View attachment 3185520View attachment 3185521View attachment 3185522

Glynda found the roost very quickly. Lady Featherington has some issues getting up onto it the first time.

It really got entertaining this evening. I went out before roost time. I opened the top door of the coop but left the bottom door closed. They were fascinated with what was below them.

View attachment 3185532View attachment 3185534View attachment 3185535

This was a warning to me about what roosting time might be like.

It was amazing! So quickly she was already used to being touched. 🥰

View attachment 3185551

Glynda wanted to roost with her so much she let me pet her as well. Crazy right! 🥰

That's right, Lady Featherington roosted on my shoulder.

View attachment 3185552View attachment 3185553

Of course Glynda had to join her.

View attachment 3185554View attachment 3185555

I let them stay until I could no longer feel any part of my body below my waist. I hated to do it but I put them on the roost in the coop and closed them in. Sleep well my little ladies!
Lady Featherington is such a special pullet.

On the Move

It was a big day here at Fluffy Butt Acres. Quarantine ended this morning. The Rascals moved into the Cluckle Hut first thing this morning.
View attachment 3185517View attachment 3185518View attachment 3185519View attachment 3185520View attachment 3185521View attachment 3185522

Glynda found the roost very quickly. Lady Featherington has some issues getting up onto it the first time.

It really got entertaining this evening. I went out before roost time. I opened the top door of the coop but left the bottom door closed. They were fascinated with what was below them.

View attachment 3185532View attachment 3185534View attachment 3185535

This was a warning to me about what roosting time might be like.

It was amazing! So quickly she was already used to being touched. 🥰

View attachment 3185551

Glynda wanted to roost with her so much she let me pet her as well. Crazy right! 🥰

That's right, Lady Featherington roosted on my shoulder.

View attachment 3185552View attachment 3185553

Of course Glynda had to join her.

View attachment 3185554View attachment 3185555

I let them stay until I could no longer feel any part of my body below my waist. I hated to do it but I put them on the roost in the coop and closed them in. Sleep well my little ladies!
Awwww 🤗 O MY GOSH 💖💖💖💖

That is sooooo wonderful 💖 it's great

See? It doesn't take them long to become friendly, and once the treats come out that will be it, they will have you trained in no time at all!!!

🤗🤗🤗🤗💖💖💖💖

Back
Top Bottom