I am not quite sure I am ready for this, but I have to face facts. Her comb is quite red and she just squatted for me.
I think we may be approaching first egg time.
Isn’t that waaay too soon?
She also jumped onto my arm - she is still my little alien baby!

View attachment 3186328
They grow up all too fast, our kids, don't they!

So sorry to learn this, Marie, so very sorry you've lost your friend. :hugs
Do not think that you failed her. I don't think there was anything you could do. Others will know better, but to me, your latest postings about her symptoms did not sound like worms ailed her. I suspected some other problem that no one can help, like a cancer. You gave her love and the great company of other hens and she had a great life with you. We here all care :hugs and send you hugs :hugs
:goodpost: @ChicoryBlue always says it so well...thank you! And lots more hugs,@Marie2020 :hugs:hugs:hugs

2nd Night, Same as the First

Henery the 8th I am........

It happened again tonight.

View attachment 3186570View attachment 3186571

Lady Featherington started it by jumping into my lap. Then Glynda came to roost in my shoulder.

They stayed a while and then went back to the bottom door. My hand became a stopover point in their journey back.

View attachment 3186579View attachment 3186580

Then after seeming to settle in for the night, Lady Featherington returned to my lap for a visit. She hung out for a while and then went back. They wound up like this.

View attachment 3186584View attachment 3186585

Glynda feel asleep like this. 😆
View attachment 3186586

Unfortunately, I could not leave them to sleep like that so I moved them to the low roost tonight so they would get the cool air on their faces.

View attachment 3186587
OMG, @BY Bob , you must be floating on cloud 9 right now!!!:love:love:love So sweet that Lady Featherington came back out for a 'night cap'with you...soooo heartwarming!!

Hopefully Gucci will follow suit soon...as leg gets stronger, she will get more brave...plus maybe seeing the others will be encouraging for her !:fl

Poor thing needs a 'health break' first...at least a week to eat well and put back on some weight (Alex, has she lost weight like the typical broody...or was her 'sneaking of the treats when you weren't looking' sufficient?)
She is okay with her weight. She does eat and drink. I’m constantly feeding her proteins, but yes, she’s needing a break from broody.

2nd Night, Same as the First

Henery the 8th I am........

It happened again tonight.

View attachment 3186570View attachment 3186571

Lady Featherington started it by jumping into my lap. Then Glynda came to roost in my shoulder.

They stayed a while and then went back to the bottom door. My hand became a stopover point in their journey back.

View attachment 3186579View attachment 3186580

Then after seeming to settle in for the night, Lady Featherington returned to my lap for a visit. She hung out for a while and then went back. They wound up like this.

View attachment 3186584View attachment 3186585

Glynda feel asleep like this. 😆
View attachment 3186586

Unfortunately, I could not leave them to sleep like that so I moved them to the low roost tonight so they would get the cool air on their faces.

View attachment 3186587
Awwww they are so sweet 💖 I love that age, they are just so lovely!

What breed is Lady Featheringt n again?

OMG, @BY Bob , you must be floating on cloud 9 right now!!!:love:love:love So sweet that Lady Featherington came back out for a 'night cap'with you...soooo heartwarming!!

Hopefully Gucci will follow suit soon...as leg gets stronger, she will get more brave...plus maybe seeing the others will be encouraging for her !:fl
I am hoping the Gucci will pick up soon. But yes. I am quite joyous right now. I can't believe they are this friendly already. 🥰

Last edited:
More bed time drama with Buttercup picking on Rose and Dorothy. They in turn are picking on poor Curly - but Curly picks on Buttercup go figure!

It's just messed up. I feel is should lock Buttercup in a crate overnight to stop the insanity she is creating.

Now I noted she has taken over Sophia and Blanche's roost on top of the nest box. I might have to stop the Silkies from roosting with the big ones, I am too worried they are getting knocked off the roost.

If only buttercup would behave!

Barn_live_1657858672600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom