Actually, capital gains is capped at 12% So, you pay 12% on profits/increase (minus depreciation that you have probably been deducting on taxes.) If you have lived in the property (as primary home) any 2 of the last 5 years....no gains tax.

This past year has seen record home prices in my area...partially due to tight labor market...so people have moved up the income ladder, and partially due to not enough homes,and finally, due to extrordinarily low mortgage rates. Mortgage rates are going up...making cost of buying going up...and slowly affecting market of houses...past month sales have decreased beyond seasonal adjustment. But this has been a bit of a bubble, so prices should settle down a bit to true value of homes.
I need tax payment for this real-estate lesson. Not that it isn't appreciated but tax is due.

More Tax:

The littles, that aren't so little anymore. They look like mini-mes now.
View attachment 3213967View attachment 3213968View attachment 3213969View attachment 3213970View attachment 3213972View attachment 3213973View attachment 3213974View attachment 3213975

Moms will be leaving them soon. One of the two moms this afternoon roosted near their old coop instead of 'tending them' I'll see if she roosts with them tonight or not. The other momma was with them the whole day...but it won't be long now until they are 'on their own'.
They're is something special about a young barred rock.

20200804_193238.jpg

This is what I’m talking about. My neighbor lady called and said she needs some butter for a peach cobbler. I took my car and bought her some. I’m okay with that, but I don’t think that I will ever change (being a nice guy) :he
Nor should it. It is good to be of service to others. And that should be its own reward.

You know this. :hugs :hugs

More tax pics:

The Geese have eagle eyes. Here Dalilah spotted an airplane that was so high in the sky, it looked like a speck. Took me forever to figure out what she was observing!
View attachment 3214373

Sampson 'spreading his wings' What a wing span they have! They will both stand and flap when they are first let out in the morning - it is funny because they 'bounce' a bit as they get some lift....but they aren't actually trying to fly!
View attachment 3214371
They are wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom