This is a hopeful song to me. The guy is facing his troubles head on, but is getting himself through them.

"Just one more mornin'
I had to wake up with the blues
Pulled myself outta bed, yeah
Put on my walkin' shoes
Went up on the mountain
To see what I could see
The whole world was fallin'
Right down in front of me
'Cause I'm hung up on dreams
I'll never see, yeah baby
Ahh, help me baby
Or this will surely be the end of me, yeah
Pull myself together
Put on a new face
Climb down off the hilltop, baby
Get back in the race..."

Tax tomorrow
Great song

One day after the 10th of this month. I don’t want anyone making a big deal about it. To me, it’s a very depressing and lonely day.
Thursday 11th ok we won’t do anything like throw you a big virtual party. But I can’t promise we won’t wish you birthday greetings and think good thoughts for you.

This requires a tax payment. We are easy of the chicken subject here. 🤨
Ok chicken math economics:

Yesterday I got 5 eggs! Woohoo! Marty started back laying eggs even though she is molting .

The chickens pay for their feed with eggs! The horses need
To start laying eggs rather than road apples!
image.jpg

I thought they stopped laying when they melted???

This requires a tax payment. We are easy of the chicken subject here. 🤨
Tax Payment

Poor Blanche is molting furiously and has a rather bald butt poor gal. That one loose feather was bugging me so I hauled it free and laid it on her back for her
4034F30C-2836-4E2A-9414-4B3C0C5CAEC7.jpeg

25E0179A-FDDB-481F-BF88-DE1808CA84BE.jpeg

Marty’s feathers are growing in and making good progress I can’t wait to see what she is like with her new feathers ❤️
3F913E3B-0991-42F5-A6D9-A0745ABFC432.jpeg

The girls are all interested in the new wee man
4D0ED5C2-8960-4352-85BA-8B2D6713EA99.jpeg

And he is quite interested in them - I told him another few days then he could join them.
3C8A785C-50A0-4FBE-9452-AB539A8B2152.jpeg

Attachments

• 8DCF7FA7-7077-4023-BF68-C56DF40BF446.jpeg
    8DCF7FA7-7077-4023-BF68-C56DF40BF446.jpeg
    645.5 KB · Views: 1
Tax Payment

Poor Blanche is molting furiously and has a rather bald butt poor gal. That one loose feather was bugging me so I hauled it free and laid it on her back for her
View attachment 3214341
View attachment 3214342

Marty’s feathers are growing in and making good progress I can’t wait to see what she is like with her new feathers ❤️
View attachment 3214345

The girls are all interested in the new wee man
View attachment 3214347

And he is quite interested in them - I told him another few days then he could join them.
View attachment 3214343
He's really starting to look good. Perky, interested in life, starting to get the "full of himself" prideful stance characteristic of roos

Holy cow the mosquitoes are ferocious today! It’s a hot humid day here and no one is moving fast, except the mosquitoes and yellow jackets!

I am trying to sit out here and enjoy my chickies and horses but the bugs are just annoying!

Buttercup looking for bugs,
9B516F4F-A196-4CFC-9C98-D86B34A8BCE6.jpeg

And I dragged Dorothy off her nest to fluff about.
A69FBB14-6246-4C63-A27A-C40BA757F5CA.jpeg

Misty is finally giving up it seems ❤️ Those golf balls just won’t hatch haha
image.jpg

I've been treated to a morning crow off: Cheetah and Horus. Horus sounds a little lower in tone, but the fuzz is clearing up quickly and he's developing some decent length. Kren seems to have an obsession with Mera, who is NOT interested. Maizie and Pear have both taken to loitering under cover until the boys are roosted before going in. Had some rain over the last couple of nights, cooler temps which Asphodel, Belladonna, and Primula in particular much appreciated. Cuckoo hasn't settled onto a nest so eggs are coming back inside regularly.

Couple of random breakfast pics, then going off to work on a wedding gift (it's less than a month away).
20220807_061900.jpg
20220807_061905.jpg

He's really starting to look good. Perky, interested in life, starting to get the "full of himself" prideful stance characteristic of roos
Yep, he is actually pretty quiet, Pangoo was a nut job! Running around crowing causing mayhem- hopefully this little fella stay quiet!

He has a leg band on his leg I need to snip off, I hate things on animals they might get caught on things. I can’t wait for him to be able to fluf around in the dirt! But I daren’t put him in here. Only a few more days….

He is crowing now, the gals are all hanging out by me
image.jpg

More tax pics:

The Geese have eagle eyes. Here Dalilah spotted an airplane that was so high in the sky, it looked like a speck. Took me forever to figure out what she was observing!
IMG_1501.JPG

Sampson 'spreading his wings' What a wing span they have! They will both stand and flap when they are first let out in the morning - it is funny because they 'bounce' a bit as they get some lift....but they aren't actually trying to fly!
IMG_1502.JPG

Back
Top Bottom