I have a question and I am putting it here because a lot of savvy chickeneers come here.
I have two lavender orpingtons, I think. I mean, that is what I ordered and what I paid for (they weren’t cheap).
I assumed they would look like my buff orpingtons except for color, but they don’t.
Here are two pics of my buffs:
View attachment 3222286View attachment 3222287

And now three pics of the lavenders:
View attachment 3222289View attachment 3222288View attachment 3222290

What do you think?
They are beautiful (all of them in fact) and love the colour. How do they stack up next to other photos that you can see of them?

Last edited:
I have a question and I am putting it here because a lot of savvy chickeneers come here.
I have two lavender orpingtons, I think. I mean, that is what I ordered and what I paid for (they weren’t cheap).
I assumed they would look like my buff orpingtons except for color, but they don’t.

What do you think?
The hen looks like a lav Orpington crossed with an EE. Pretty girl, I love mixed breeds ❤

What do you think?
Those aren't Lavender Orpingtons. @BY Bob 's Hattie is a lavender Orpington. Those look like lavender Ameraucana/EE

They are beautiful (all of them in fact) and love the colour. How do they stack up next to other photos that you can see of them?
They don’t look like orpingtons to me although the leg color is right and they ARE lavender. They are beautiful but as they grow they don’t look like orpingtons body wise or size. The buffs were a lot bigger at the same age (they are 22 weeks old)

Those aren't Lavender Orpingtons. @BY Bob 's Hattie is a lavender Orpington. Those look like lavender Ameraucana/EE
I agree! They do. As they grow and feather out that is exactly what they look like!
I thought I was a little senile for a minute.
I don’t really mind, because I love them and I think they are beautiful, and they are fun birds, great personality, so it was kind of fortuitous, BUT they were 25 dollars a chick because they were “lavender orpingtons”.
I think I got fleeced!

Yes this is an unusual year, the trees would be green but the grass would be crispy - it’s the only reason I would burn right now is that the grass is still green.

It was only 8c (46f) this morning and the chickies and horses were chilly! Me too hahaha. It’s been a cooler than normal summer here.
I wonder if this is why everyone is molting right now??? Feathers feathers everywhere….

I agree! They do. As they grow and feather out that is exactly what they look like!
I don’t really mind, because I love them and I think they are beautiful, and they are fun birds, great personality, so it was kind of fortuitous, BUT they were 25 dollars a chick because they were “lavender orpingtons”.
I think I got fleeced!
I bet you got your money’s worth from those two beauties already! :love

I think I got fleeced!
Can you approach the seller and explain that they are not as advertised?

Back
Top Bottom