Observations

Gucci is standing more upright. She still doesn't raise her tail like Phyllis and Betty but she is holding her head straight up.

20220816_214244.jpg

Light and Foggy like to use the swing as well. I think I have videos of Foggy swinging somewhere. It is really cute scene.

Your idea is VERY GOOD. This is what we did in more detail:
- first, we put Inky in the big run and they ganged up on her after 2 min.
- second, we took Ginger out but still left Inky there (which is your idea), but they went for Inky again.

I think it may be a different scenario if we take Ginger out first thing, if you see the difference. We will try it.
When my mothers chickens killed their flock mate it was when they were locked up extra long one morning. When they were out and about (usually all day on several acres) there was only the normal squabbles.

Observations

For several days I have had Gucci following me back into the big run and over to the ramp. Until tonight I have always had to put her on the ramp to get her to go up.

Tonight for the first time she went up the ramp once she was there. Once up the ramp she will follow my wiggling fingers into the coop.

This was the first time she ever made the trip without me picking her up. I am hopeful that she can start to find her way on her own at some point.

I'm not certain why she can't find her own way. I wish I knew why it is so but at least we are making progress.

The side effect of all this is that Gucci will come to me when I call her.

I guess it's been a while since I posted a picture of the whole crowd. They're definitely getting bigger. The two Reds (Rust, Copper) are still quite a bit smaller than Storm and Ash. When they climb on me they feel like they're only half the weight of the other two.
View attachment 3225763
They are growing up wonderfully! 🥰🥰

Observations

I have tried letting the Rascals out first thing in the morning with the others but they show no inclination to leave their coop in the morning. Preferring to eat and scratch and roost in the coop most of the morning.

However they have adapted to going out in the evening. Tonight they ran to the door of the big run when I came out after work. They were excited to exit the complex and explore.

Back
Top Bottom