On a happier note. I just couldn't resist. Moon.
P6073823.JPG
P6073827.JPG
P6073828.JPG
P6073829.JPG

Our other two residents came to us in April as chicks. My wife raised them until they moved outside and then they became my responsibility.

Hattie is our lavender orpington hen. She has not starting laying yet but i expect she will once the days turn longer.
View attachment 1633834

Jabberwockie, Jabber for short, was supposed to be an Easter Egger hen, however, he is clearly not a hen.
View attachment 1633836
He and Hattie are inseperable.
Aww beautiful chickens. So when did you know your hen was not a hen? Sadly we can’t have a roaster and I am afraid my buff Orpington could be one. I took pictures to the lady where I got the chicks 🐥 and she didn’t think so and said to wait another 4 weeks. My big girls are 15 weeks and the Buff is clearly much bigger.
Our grand daughter called her Gigi so time will tell. I can’t lie, I will be sad if we have to re-home her. Here’s a picture of my Gigi. ❤️

Attachments

• 51D52BBC-3ED2-4961-8AA3-C580FD41ADC5.jpeg
    51D52BBC-3ED2-4961-8AA3-C580FD41ADC5.jpeg
    728.3 KB · Views: 20
Aww beautiful chickens. So when did you know your hen was not a hen? Sadly we can’t have a roaster and I am afraid my buff Orpington could be one. I took pictures to the lady where I got the chicks 🐥 and she didn’t think so and said to wait another 4 weeks. My big girls are 15 weeks and the Buff is clearly much bigger.
Our grand daughter called her Gigi so time will tell. I can’t lie, I will be sad if we have to re-home her. Here’s a picture of my Gigi. ❤
Pretty chicken. I am not seeing hackle feathers so I am leaning towards hen as well. I had to enquire of the hatchery to be sure. I started questioning things at around 8 weeks. This photo is from almost 9 weeks. You can see how much redder his comb is and the hackle feathers.
2018-09-29 10.00.59.jpg

Someone was Having a Bad Day

Lilly was whining constantly yesterday. While it was going on in the morning I thought she might be going to lay an egg. But it never stopped. The following went on all day.

I don't know who peed in her cornflakes but it was really annoying by day end.

On the plus side, it seems like she is over it. No whining today. :confused: Go figure.

This is why I am a little confused 🤷‍♀️ with my Gigi. Not sure what Hackle feathers are but her comb and waffles are pink not bright red. Time will tell 🐓 hopeful she’s a Hen. 🥰🐓
Hackle feathers are on a roosters neck. Here is Jabberwocky all grown. He has hackle feathers on his neck. They are pointed.

20200607_131949.jpg

Big (small) changes coming to the Chicken Palace
I hesitate to post this here because I do not want to detract from the count down to Sydney's hatch - honestly I am possibly more anxious about it than even @BY Bob himself!
But I have to post here because, people, this is all your fault.
You are enablers!
You could have said how lovely it is that the Princesses have so much space in the Chicken Palace. You could have said that three is plenty for a flock. You could have said that baby chicks are a real handful and I should avoid them at all costs.
But no, instead you said things like 'looks like you have plenty of room for more' and '3 isn't a real flock'.
And because of that I have ended up with these insanely adorable, cute little fluffy butts.
I am terrified (what if I can't keep them alive and healthy?). But I am already besotted. So thank you all for your enabling.
I will try to get better pictures but honestly they have little jet-skis attached to them and they take off in all directions at great speed and are very hard to corner until they go in under their hot cave which is where most of these pictures are from.
B0680229-D982-4DF2-8EE6-216DBD8EEBAE.jpeg
DD5C1A0C-AF52-40AB-A76C-7A1862935D40.jpeg
37C80723-19C0-44EF-B34B-C1225CEF422C.jpeg
24925BC7-4427-466C-BDFA-7A59B3CF99A3.jpeg

Last edited:
It is another stunning day today!! Mama took the Fluffs, as I'm calling them, out to free range today. They are getting so big!!!

20200607_132349.jpg

20200607_134211.jpg

Then they came to visit me under my sitting tree!

The school babies are getting so big!!!
20200607_135853.jpg

Left to right is Diamond, Ella (Bob), Sunny, and Ellie. Diamond is definitely a boy. Sunny I thought we a boy, but I'm not sure now. Ella and Ellie have always been girls.

Big (small) changes coming to the Chicken Palace
I hesitate to post this here because I do not want to detract from the count down to Sydney's hatch - honestly I am possibly more anxious about it than even @BY Bob himself!
But I have to, post here because, people, this is all your fault.
You are enablers!
You could have said how lovely it is that the Princesses have so much space in the Chicken Palace. You could have said that three is plenty for a flock. You could have said that baby chicks are a real handful and I should avoid them at all costs.
But no, instead you said things like 'looks like you have plenty of room for more' and '3 isn't a real flock'.
And because of that I have ended up with these insanely adorable, cute little fluffy butts.
I am terrified (what if I can't keep them alive and healthy?). But I am already besotted. So thank you all for your enabling.
I will try to get better pictures but honestly they have little jet-skis attached to them and they take off in all directions at great speed and are very hard to corner until they go in under their hot cave which is where most of these pictures are from.
View attachment 2181781View attachment 2181782View attachment 2181783View attachment 2181780

OMG!!!! They are ADORABLE!! What breed did you get?

Back
Top Bottom