OMG!!!! They are ADORABLE!! What breed did you get?
I think they are known as 'Barred Insanes' (is that a breed?!) :lau Seriously, they are so zippy I can't keep up! In theory they are Cream Legbars but they may be mutts and honestly I don't care.
They came from a homestead near me (in the end I couldn't bring myself to do the chick-in-the-mail thing and I couldn't find any pullets or hens to adopt within several hundred miles), so I have no reason to believe they are pure anything. I just hope they are indeed hens. But right now they are clearly just NUTS!

Big (small) changes coming to the Chicken Palace
I hesitate to post this here because I do not want to detract from the count down to Sydney's hatch - honestly I am possibly more anxious about it than even @BY Bob himself!
But I have to post here because, people, this is all your fault.
You are enablers!
You could have said how lovely it is that the Princesses have so much space in the Chicken Palace. You could have said that three is plenty for a flock. You could have said that baby chicks are a real handful and I should avoid them at all costs.
But no, instead you said things like 'looks like you have plenty of room for more' and '3 isn't a real flock'.
And because of that I have ended up with these insanely adorable, cute little fluffy butts.
I am terrified (what if I can't keep them alive and healthy?). But I am already besotted. So thank you all for your enabling.
I will try to get better pictures but honestly they have little jet-skis attached to them and they take off in all directions at great speed and are very hard to corner until they go in under their hot cave which is where most of these pictures are from.
View attachment 2181781View attachment 2181782View attachment 2181783View attachment 2181780
Well... is does say enabler in my profile...:lau

I hesitate to post this here because I do not want to detract from the count down to Sydney's hatch - honestly I am possibly more anxious about it than even @BY Bob himself!
You are enablers!
You could have said how lovely it is that the Princesses have so much space in the Chicken Palace. You could have said that three is plenty for a flock. You could have said that baby chicks are a real handful and I should avoid them at all costs.
But no, instead you said things like 'looks like you have plenty of room for more' and '3 isn't a real flock'.
And because of that I have ended up with these insanely adorable, cute little fluffy butts.
I am terrified (what if I can't keep them alive and healthy?). But I am already besotted. So thank you all for your enabling.
I will try to get better pictures but honestly they have little jet-skis attached to them and they take off in all directions at great speed and are very hard to corner until they go in under their hot cave which is where most of these pictures are from.
View attachment 2181781View attachment 2181782View attachment 2181783View attachment 2181780
Oh my. So cute! Congratulations! 🎉🎉🎉

It is another stunning day today!! Mama took the Fluffs, as I'm calling them, out to free range today. They are getting so big!!!

View attachment 2181790

View attachment 2181805
Then they came to visit me under my sitting tree!

The school babies are getting so big!!!
View attachment 2181810
Left to right is Diamond, Ella (Bob), Sunny, and Ellie. Diamond is definitely a boy. Sunny I thought we a boy, but I'm not sure now. Ella and Ellie have always been girls.
Cuteness everywhere!!! 🥰 🥰

Aww beautiful chickens. So when did you know your hen was not a hen? Sadly we can’t have a roaster and I am afraid my buff Orpington could be one. I took pictures to the lady where I got the chicks 🐥 and she didn’t think so and said to wait another 4 weeks. My big girls are 15 weeks and the Buff is clearly much bigger.
Our grand daughter called her Gigi so time will tell. I can’t lie, I will be sad if we have to re-home her. Here’s a picture of my Gigi. ❤
Such a shame when people are not allowed roosters. Yup, I know they crow but I've got some hens that will give any rooster a run for his money on the loud vocal front.

You are enablers!
Oh you are in so much trouble now.:p:lau

It is another stunning day today!! Mama took the Fluffs, as I'm calling them, out to free range today. They are getting so big!!!

View attachment 2181790

View attachment 2181805
Then they came to visit me under my sitting tree!

The school babies are getting so big!!!
View attachment 2181810
Left to right is Diamond, Ella (Bob), Sunny, and Ellie. Diamond is definitely a boy. Sunny I thought we a boy, but I'm not sure now. Ella and Ellie have always been girls.
There's a wrongun in that first picture. It's got too many legs for a start.:p

Back
Top Bottom