Rockin Robin....

Out in the barn, in my office rocking to oldies, have my chickies sitting there glaring at me for not giving them more treats.

Rocking around the clock.... bopbop bopbop dum dee.....

Pretty chickie, walking down the aisle way..... Poor old Roy - likely rolling in his grave at my mangling his song :)

I love how they all came galloping down the aisleway when the music started :lau:gig

Hi all, how is everyone?
Yesterday Dixie passed away with the babies under her wing with them chirping trying to get her to wake up. I sent her off for a Necropsy in UCONN because her sudden death alarms me. Jolene seems like her behavior and is sleeping in the house. All dirty, ruffled feathers, pale, not eating. Hope she pulls through.
I'm so sorry, @Chicken poppy . I hope Jolene pulls through.

Do you have a brooder plate for the chicks? Hopefully one or both will be pullets and let Dixie's legacy live on.
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

I'm so sorry, @Chicken poppy . I hope Jolene pulls through.

Do you have a brooder plate for the chicks? Hopefully one or both will be pullets and let Dixie's legacy live on.
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs
Yes, i built a metal “shield?“ (i suppose thats what you call it) from hardware and put a heating plate with a cloth on top to go on or under.
I think i got really lucky and only got one rooster. The other three appear to be hens, but if the roo ends up being nice i might keep him and continue to breed to my other non sibling Japanese hens.

Yes, i built a metal “shield?“ (i suppose thats what you call it) from hardware and put a heating plate with a cloth on top to go on or under.
I think i got really lucky and only got one rooster. The other three appear to be hens, but if the roo ends up being nice i might keep him and continue to breed to my other non sibling Japanese hens.
Glad they are doing ok, such a shock - poor you and poor babies. Maybe you can post some updated photos of them when you get a chance and feel up to it. I know I would love to see how much they have grown 💕💕❤️

Glad they are doing ok, such a shock - poor you and poor babies. Maybe you can post some updated photos of them when you get a chance and feel up to it. I know I would love to see how much they have grown 💕💕❤️
1951B1EE-FE36-4846-BCAF-37AAB1A0FF5A.jpeg
905C6ED9-746A-460C-9941-7AA7A51C3B98.jpeg

Here they are! The one with her derriere up in the air in the last photo is Twinkie the tiny dwarf/runt. I already love her so much, she keeps hiding under everyone for snuggles and warmth. The one who i suspect is a rooster is on the far right.

Oh we love seeing cat pics also! Have you seen By_Bob's cats? they are gorgeous creatures :love
No I haven’t yet! I’m sure they look wonderful. I would love to see pics Bob if you get the chance.

Speaking of cats, mine could care less if you fall down the stairs. She spreads out on one step completely and when you start to wobble trying to step over her she just closes her eyes. Cats have such personality.

Back
Top Bottom