Yup pretty little ladies who still try to stuff themselves under a very stubborn Chiquita at night. If you did have a creek, all it would take would be for one to catch a fish one time by accident. They would actively hunt them from then on and teach everyone else.
:gigThat’s hilarious!

And lastly the Twig man. He is starting to stay a little more where he is supposed to. He will still run from Bubba, but not allow himself to be completely chased off.
DSCN0381.JPG
DSCN0383.JPG
DSCN0384.JPG
DSCN0385.JPG
DSCN0387.JPG
DSCN0388.JPG
DSCN0398.JPG
DSCN0399.JPG
DSCN0402.JPG
DSCN0407.JPG
DSCN0410.JPG
DSCN0411.JPG

I looove that roo! He reminds me of one of my old ones. What breeds is he? I’m guessing either Brahma/silkie or Brahma/polish, but I could be wrong

I looove that roo! He reminds me of one of my old ones. What breeds is he? I’m guessing either Brahma/silkie or Brahma/polish, but I could be wrong
This is actually sort of a family picture for Twig. The black silkie is his father Branch. The marans hen beside him is his mother Corona.
DSCN0388.JPG

He is such a handsome boy! I'm glad he is growing into his own!

This is Why I can't Watch Roosting Anymore

Look at poor Glynda

View attachment 3433230

I figure it was the brat on the Maleficent roost where Glynda normally roosts.

View attachment 3433231
Ohhh Sydney! More force then necessary was applied :(
Thirsty Thursday pictures. Of course they all want wild water.
View attachment 3433528View attachment 3433529View attachment 3433530
Wonderful thirsty photos!!
Awllll they are adorable and its so cute they are still all together.
Beautiful Roo ❤️

Little Eli has problems
Eli has been having issues this week and I keep delaying sharing here as I have spent most days unsure if she would pull through.
It has now been almost a week and it is unclear how this will resolve and I am sharing now so you know what she is dealing with and can send good thoughts her way.

About a week ago Eli became egg bound. I spent a day and a half giving calcium, inserting lubricant, and frantically calling vets. Finally she laid an egg and was much better for a whole day.
Then it happened again. This time she spent two days straining and crying out. I have put the video in a spoiler as it is a bit distressing.

Then on Tuesday, after a morning of straining, she laid two eggs. TWO eggs!
One of them was regular sized, the other weighed 3 ounces.
The 3 ounce one was a monster of an egg and had two yolks. These photos give a sense of the comparison of the two eggs - the smaller one is a regular size egg.

40B638A9-5ABC-40A8-B649-D03BF75BF6F9.jpeg
8CF5FABC-8B83-4E50-A01C-FD323C632EA9.jpeg
01CAAF18-C09B-480B-BD44-2B9E5648255F.jpeg

Poor little girl. No wonder she was in distress!
As well as the straining I also noticed that her legs got weak. She couldn't jump up and spent 2 nights roosting down on the roost. Babs agreed to stay with her and Bernie was very well behaved.

I really hoped that the issue was resolved once that monster egg was out, but sadly she is egg bound again now. She had a good day today running around outside, but yesterday she was in the nest box straining for 2 hours, and at 4:30 this morning she flew down from the rafters in the dark and spent another 2 hours straining in the nest box.

Having talked to multiple vets there is not really anything I can do for her except hope for the best.

Poor little Eli.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom