I've been crazy busy for work so have not been able to do more than read posts quickly between video meetings. But it is a holiday tomorrow and everything suddenly went quiet so I got some quality time with the Princesses and the little Princesses this evening.
Here is Minnie inspecting the Palace for the first time from her ladder. She looks intrigued.

46536524-74EE-41A7-8223-21604AA91875.jpeg
E44E1C4B-F2A5-4D81-9E92-9C972F920EF3.jpeg

The same cannot be said for Dotty who cannot get back into their brooder area fast enough! :lau:lau

9D29BD2F-2F9A-4ED8-B2A6-70770013AE1B.jpeg

EB6E4E55-9AB6-4F89-898C-3DBE13291B7A.jpeg

But the really big news of the day is that I have convinced them they like blueberries (trial of live meal worms is tomorrow). Minnie even grabbed one from my hand and fled into a corner to kill it and (I think) also eat it. I am feeling more optimistic that I can get them to like me now. Unashamed bribery!

Thank you for the update. You have such a large crew now! I look forward to hearing their stories.

I'm so sorry to hear about Maleficent. It brings me comfort that she was beloved in her life and had a good home. It's what I tell myself when I'm missing my chickens who have died. Hopefully that is also comforting to you.
Thank you. It was very difficult and I still miss her.

I've been crazy busy for work so have not been able to do more than read posts quickly between video meetings. But it is a holiday tomorrow and everything suddenly went quiet so I got some quality time with the Princesses and the little Princesses this evening.
Here is Minnie inspecting the Palace for the first time from her ladder. She looks intrigued.

View attachment 2224270View attachment 2224271

The same cannot be said for Dotty who cannot get back into their brooder area fast enough! :lau:lau

View attachment 2224285

View attachment 2224283

But the really big news of the day is that I have convinced them they like blueberries (trial of live meal worms is tomorrow). Minnie even grabbed one from my hand and fled into a corner to kill it and (I think) also eat it. I am feeling more optimistic that I can get them to like me now. Unashamed bribery!
There you go! That's great!

The Aunties

I have been amazed at how well the Aunties have gotten along with Lucky and Ned/Nanette. Aurora has been stopping by to check on them often just hanging with them and Mom. I caught this picture of Hattie and Ned together. :love
20200702_225943.jpg

As Sydney seems to be letting them range further away they are mixing more with the Aunties and no one seems upset by it.

The topper occurred tonight. Lucky was out in the courtyard late. The chicks still occasionally get caught in the U shaped area between the coop and run. If I go in and and encourage them to leave the area they usually find their way to ramp and into the coop. So I went into the courtyard to help her to leave. Lucky started peeping in distress (I still frighten them). Sydney was in the coop with Ned/Nanette and was not around. Of all hens, Sansa showed up and fluffed out at me just like Sydney would have. I was surprised and impressed with her as well.

The Aunties

I have been amazed at how well the Aunties have gotten along with Lucky and Ned/Nanette. Aurora has been stopping by to check on them often just hanging with them and Mom. I caught this picture of Hattie and Ned together. :love
View attachment 2224573
As Sydney seems to be letting them range further away they are mixing more with the Aunties and no one seems upset by it.

The topper occurred tonight. Lucky was out in the courtyard late. The chicks still occasionally get caught in the U shaped area between the coop and run. If I go in and and encourage them to leave the area they usually find their way to ramp and into the coop. So I went into the courtyard to help her to leave. Lucky started peeping in distress (I still frighten them). Sydney was in the coop with Ned/Nanette and was not around. Of all hens, Sansa showed up and fluffed out at me just like Sydney would have. I was surprised and impressed with her as well.
Way to go, Sansa! Wyandottes are super cool. ;)

Back
Top Bottom