So let's see if we can win a picture of the week. Right now I'm leaning towards number 4 but 3 and 6 are getting votes as well. So here's some fun. Let's vote 1 more time. Which of these 3 are your favorite?

View attachment 2223277

View attachment 2223278

View attachment 2223279
This is very hard! Can I vote 3 times? If I really have to choose it is either #3 or #2 or possibly #1.
Hmmm.
I think if you force me, I will vote for #3 because I love the symmetry of pose. - lots of parallel lines and the clover flowers really set off their color.

So Lilly is still with us and in charge.
View attachment 2222866

Hattie is still number 2
View attachment 2222870

Aurora is still here, she in now number 3.

View attachment 2222879

My darling Maleficent was killed by an unknown predator. I never found out what it was.

View attachment 2222886

So we decided to add to the flock again. I promised Mrs BY Bob that we would add a Polish hen if we ever got any more so that meant I had to find a Polish hen. Well opportunity knocked when someone I knew had to rehome some pullets that had grown up together. One was a Polish, there was also a Barred Rock and a Wyandotte. I did not want 6 hens but I could not in my heart break them up so 3 more hens joined the flock. So here they are in pecking order.

Sansa
View attachment 2222905

Sydney
View attachment 2222909

And of course, the Devine Miss Phyllis

View attachment 2222924

Over a month ago now, Sydney decided that she wanted to hatch eggs. So we decided to let her. @CrazyChookChookLady generously gave me 3 eggs for Sydney to hatch. All 3 hatched but we lost one. So now we also have these two cuties.

Lucky
View attachment 2222929

And Ned or Nanette (we are not sure if it is a boy or girl)

View attachment 2222930
Thank you for the update. You have such a large crew now! I look forward to hearing their stories.

I'm so sorry to hear about Maleficent. It brings me comfort that she was beloved in her life and had a good home. It's what I tell myself when I'm missing my chickens who have died. Hopefully that is also comforting to you.

I should have started a contest, guess the sex, back when he/she was born. This is going back and forth like the ball at a Wimbledon finals match. 😆
I've said male all along ~ but I could be very wrong because he's not a full BR, but when I asked CCCL about the white spot on his head she concurred all her chicks with that have been male. Now the barring on his wings is quite distinctive & there looks to be a lot of white...Thinking out loud. I'm trying to learn here...🤔

I've said male all along ~ but I could be very wrong because he's not a full BR, but when I asked CCCL about the white spot on his head she concurred all her chicks with that have been male. Now the barring on his wings is quite distinctive & there looks to be a lot of white...Thinking out loud. I'm trying to learn here...🤔

I think you are correct @Ribh. Maybe I was just hoping for a girl for Bob...;)

Back
Top Bottom