Really? Same breed?

Lovely birds!
Nope they are just barnyard mutts, but they get into everything and think they are tightrope walkers and trapeze artist šŸ˜ I am quite surprised they havenā€™t followed me up onto the loft! Where I would be hard pressed to get them out!

Haha, I love hooligans! She's a Black Australorp, right?

If you get a BR roo and mix it with Raven, you will get Pastel or Splotch!
Nope black sex-link- and a big girl at that.

No more hatching here, Roos are too much trouble. If I need pullets I will get them from the hatchery šŸ˜Š

@Ponypoor, what camera do you use in your coop? Is it a live feed camera? Wireless?
Does anyone know of any good live (action? Feed? Web?) Cameras that are solar powered or battery powered?
But kind of cheap?
I'm gonna ask for those for my birthday next month probably. I've been wanting cameras in my coops.
There is a who lot to figure out with cameras in you coop.

PM me and I will see what I can suggest.

Nope they are just barnyard mutts, but they get into everything and think they are tightrope walkers and trapeze artist šŸ˜ I am quite surprised they havenā€™t followed me up onto the loft! Where I would be hard pressed to get them out!
Haha! :gig The thing with my chicks is that Storm and Tweety, the two courageous chicks are very flighty and adventurous, but in a good way. (for now) They love to fly up on my head when I feed them or give them water! And Storm is a real entertainer, everytime I come into the coop, he will start climbing the mesh (in the corner that seems to be a jungle gym for chicks:lau) and he will stay up there and squawk at the other chicks! I figured he must be saying, "Catch me if you can!"

Nope black sex-link- and a big girl at that.

No more hatching here, Roos are too much trouble. If I need pullets I will get them from the hatchery šŸ˜Š
Yep, I agree.
Why do most of the eggs have to be ROOS?! :barnie My fellow Storm wasn't even supposed to be in the batch of so-called pullets from ACE hardware, what next?

@Ponypoor, what camera do you use in your coop? Is it a live feed camera? Wireless?
Does anyone know of any good live (action? Feed? Web?) Cameras that are solar powered or battery powered?
But kind of cheap?
I'm gonna ask for those for my birthday next month probably. I've been wanting cameras in my coops.
Bob and I both use Arlo. I like them a lot but they are quite expensive.
Do some searching on BYC there is at least one thread dedicated to this topic
Or you could start your own.
A lot of BYC folk have cameras up so there is a wealth of experience to draw on.

But kind of cheap?
If your coop is close to the house get a wired camera. All you need to do is plug into the wall and the wireless router. Of course, this may be too much setup, in which case just get a wireless. I can't recommend any because I don't have any. My Dad wanted something that didn't need a app to work.

First there was Piglet (reliably first up when food is served), and she invited Pooh and Sylvie to lunch.
It was a civilized event with lots of gossip to catch up on.
2D1B5646-915D-4776-AA97-3AEE79586BEE.jpeg

Then FOMO brought Tassels and Calypso to the table and poor little Piglet was almost edged out of her own lunch party (donā€™t worry about her she wonā€™t starve).
D4B61881-EB5F-4EDF-916B-4AEE1EFFF448.jpeg

Meanwhile, Babs took advantage of one of the other bowls of mash and managed to scoff it down all on her own (Bernie is in the nest box deciding if today is an eggy day or not). Babs then went out for a drink - such delicate little ripples she makes!
Happy Thirsty Thursday from Babs.
36A9D665-B0B8-4262-9D7E-D5D8E7C7A731.jpeg

If your coop is close to the house get a wired camera. All you need to do is plug into the wall and the wireless router. Of course, this may be too much setup, in which case just get a wireless. I can't recommend any because I don't have any. My Dad wanted something that didn't need a app to work.
Coop is not close to my house, unfortunately. I would love if it were.

Back
Top Bottom