And now for the Insects

This is the time of the year when my bank yard explodes with flowers designed to bring in bees and butterflies. The crown jewel of pollen feeders is my 110 foot white butterfly bush. From time to time I am going to share butterfly and bee pictures now along with chicken photos. I hope everyone likes them.

Check out this butterfly from today.

View attachment 2282548
View attachment 2282549View attachment 2282550View attachment 2282553View attachment 2282559View attachment 2282568
These are so gorgeous! 😍

Could it be from all the extra water they are drinking cuz it’s so hot and not so much the heat?
You are right in a way. They drink the extra water to cool down. The extra water creates diarrhea which helps to pull heat out of them. This results in messy bums.

Check out my latest chook find... ❤ 😍
2FEEB02B-2CFE-447B-8593-A0A2FD5EE2EB.jpeg

Why so Many Posts this Morning BY Bob?

Work this week ate me up. I noticed a lot of interesting things this week with the flock that I want to share. I probably should hold on to one or two so each gets discussion time. I dislike it when interesting things get passed over because I posted too many at once. In fact, that's it. Let's discuss what I have posted so far.

I will close with a photo of a bunch of sad chickens who got caught out in a torrential downpour yesterday. Ned and Lucky are partially hidden in the background and Phyllis took shelter next to the house. Her tail is visible on the left. Hattie was in the nesting box laying an egg at the time. Good timing on her part.
View attachment 2281716
Just checking, when you say "work ate me up" do you mean it took more of your free time than usual or it gave you more reasons for anxiety than usual?

Back
Top Bottom