Absolutely !! Im Bri, I’m 28 from Los Angeles. I’m still getting use to this app so I apologize if I’m all over the place. Hehe here are some photos of my flock & one of my coop. Only have 4 pullets, 23 week old EEs. They have redder combs and faces now, these photos were from a few weeks ago. They are named Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Judy. 🤣
I think I would want to be the one named 'Judy", just to be on the safe side ! 🤭 :lau 🤭

If rain is getting into the coop and things are getting wet, I would just bring them in for the night. That way they will be dry, and they will be in a dry place - just in case the water/rain keeps coming in.

Then, when it is nice again in the future, check out a way to remediate the coop so gusting rain doesn't come in in the future (it might take a bit of thinking, as you DON'T want to block off ventilation, but do want to keep the rain from coming in in the future.)

This is just my thinking - do what you feel is right/best.

Pony Sunday
I don't normally have photos for Pony Sunday but here are some interesting ones.

Hornet's nest at my neighbors house. They are leaving it there.
View attachment 3615351

Tortoise laying eggs on a hillside in the neighborhood.

View attachment 3615352

And sadly, a yellow jacket nest in the hillside next to our steps. I had to eliminate them they were too close and too aggressive.

Oh, /i am glad you spotted those yellow jackets before they took an issue with you being nearby - you are correct that they can be quite aggressive. Wonderful video of them!

Pony Sunday
I don't normally have photos for Pony Sunday but here are some interesting ones.

View attachment 3615351

View attachment 3615352

And sadly, a yellow jacket nest in the hillside next to our steps. I had to eliminate them they were too close and too aggressive.

It’s pretty hard to saddle a Yellowjacket! (Pony Sunday) :gig
(Just saying)

I have to dry my chooks off one at a time. Two more to go! : 71427434502__3FE0BCF6-5194-409F-A0F9-F4A8DA5F2336.jpeg

My 5 littles with the DC mom:
IMG_5093.jpg

And, yes, all 5 are in the top photo...there are 3 black ones all smooshed together - then the 'blonde' ne and the slightly older one with brown barring on it's wings.

IMG_5091.jpg

The brown one (barred wings) is the one saved from the other momma.

Unfortunately, my husband was trying to save me from being upset and told me the older one of the two (the brown one above) was being chased and pecked by the young momma....what he didn't tell me was he couldn't find the other one at all...he at first thought it was under her because she was buk-buking...but I said to him 'if she was moving that fast charging and pecking the other chick, you would have seen her, too.....so, unfortunately, the other one that was put under her didn't make it. Even though we can't find the body, since it isn't with her nor obviously in the coop...it didn't make it. :(

However, again, DC mom tookl that one despite it being light and morning and having the others overnight - so that is good! And, while I'm sad the other one didn't make it, I really didn't want the momma raising just one chick. I feel like they really need at least 2 so they can run and fly and play together growing up...and have a companion when momma abandons them (the two hens are in different 'flocks' ... the White Rock was in the same flock as this Black Jersey Giant, but her chicks are now about ?12? or maybe 13 weeks old, so too much older to play and intermingle with per se.

Last edited:
Absolutely !! Im Bri, I’m 28 from Los Angeles. I’m still getting use to this app so I apologize if I’m all over the place. Hehe here are some photos of my flock & one of my coop. Only have 4 pullets, 23 week old EEs. They have redder combs and faces now, these photos were from a few weeks ago. They are named Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Judy. 🤣
Was rain getting in because there's very little overhang for that coop front?

Some wonderful beard and whiskers action there!

Pony Sunday

View attachment 3615351

View attachment 3615352

I just got in from eliminating a yellow jacket nest in the barn - they we inside the wall and the plywood was literally vibrating. They came after me and I switched off my headlamp and fled across the field!

Oh, /i am glad you spotted those yellow jackets before they took an issue with you being nearby - you are correct that they can be quite aggressive. Wonderful video of them!
After my narrow escape I found the video sort of triggering!
Kept thinking I heard buzzing around my face.

Back
Top Bottom