20200812_075758.jpg

"Let's hide up here. She's pecking us too these days and she can't see up"
20200809_191343.jpg

Attachments

• 20200812_075758.jpg
    20200812_075758.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That is true here too. No black cat adoptions around Halloween. Our black cat used to roam outside. We made him stay inside the month of October every year. Humans can be so disappointing.
I love my black cats, I got Nelly from my mom about 5 years ago. She was a stray. Then couple years ago, I was bring cats in at night. And picked up this random black cat that looked and sounded like my Nelly. Only to see Nelly glaring at me from the window. That cat hasn't left here. I let her in over winter, and she refuses to go back outside. Lol so now I have Nelly and Nomi who look like they could be twins

I love my black cats, I got Nelly from my mom about 5 years ago. She was a stray. Then couple years ago, I was bring cats in at night. And picked up this random black cat that looked and sounded like my Nelly. Only to see Nelly glaring at me from the window. That cat hasn't left here. I let her in over winter, and she refuses to go back outside. Lol so now I have Nelly and Nomi who look like they could be twins
That is so awesome :love you are very lucky. Our black cat was one of the best cats we ever had and was one of the longest lived.

That is so awesome :love you are very lucky. Our black cat was one of the best cats we ever had and was one of the longest lived.
Both of mine are lovers. Nelly sleeps beside me every night. Nomi had become my daughter's cat, she sleeps wrapped around her head at night! Lol I honestly think Nomi is my neighbors cat, and she was scared by coyotes and ended up here. I've showed him pictures and told him he can come get her. And he never did. So I guess she is my cat lol at least he doesn't have to think she got eaten now.

Both of mine are lovers. Nelly sleeps beside me every night. Nomi had become my daughter's cat, she sleeps wrapped around her head at night! Lol I honestly think Nomi is my neighbors cat, and she was scared by coyotes and ended up here. I've showed him pictures and told him he can come get her. And he never did. So I guess she is my cat lol at least he doesn't have to think she got eaten now.
I guess he didn't want to have a cat that much. Everyone wins this way. Especially the cat!

I don't understand given how dangerous water is to them why they don't avoid the pool - you would think they would have an innate fear of water.
They do avoid water in general. But, if they are frightened, or panicked like a lot of creatures they just run/fly blindly to get away from the immediate threat. Humans are exactly the same. Often with chickens and humans more damage is done in the panic than the threat warranted.
We have a duck pond here. The chickens avoid it. they know it's deep water. Despite this three have fallen in over the last ten years. All three were in panic mode when they fell in. Two survived fortunately due to timely intervention but one did not.

An All Time High

Record set at Fluffy Butt Acres today. All of the girls laid eggs today. 6 eggs! Phyllis and Lilly on the same day! This has never happened before. Check it out!
View attachment 2286689

And identified by hen!

View attachment 2286691

Way to go ladies! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Meal Worms for everyone tomorrow! 🎉🍾🎊🍾🥂🎊
Lilly gets most perfect egg award in my book.:clap

They do avoid water in general. But, if they are frightened, or panicked like a lot of creatures they just run/fly blindly to get away from the immediate threat. Humans are exactly the same. Often with chickens and humans more damage is done in the panic than the threat warranted.
We have a duck pond here. The chickens avoid it. they know it's deep water. Despite this three have fallen in over the last ten years. All three were in panic mode when they fell in. Two survived fortunately due to timely intervention but one did not.
That makes sense.

My current black cat - Nightshade - is a huge boy and he loves to sleep on my shoulders when I am working. He snores/purrs in my ear which tickles. I confess I am hopelessly besotted with him. He is very lazy but as fast a flash if there is a mouse or chipmunk in the vicinity.

Back
Top Bottom