And while I’m at it, here are the babies tonight after work:
View attachment 2348786

View attachment 2348787

View attachment 2348788

I can hardly stand the cuteness! I caved and brought them back in at night this week. Tonight, I made them go to bed outside in the little red coop despite their screams. I talked sweetly to them until they calmed down. It broke my heart, but they need to be outdoor big girls now. I’ll snuggle with them in the morning over coffee before I let the big girls out.
Thank you for that. I just love those pictures. Life is hard and they have to grow up but you will always be there for them. Giving them time like this will make it easier for them and you.

Well... they are back out tonight. They peeped loudly for a bit and I talked to them until they settled down. They still don’t have a clue where or when to go to bed since I’ve been letting them run around the house for a bit at night. I think I already posted this, but I plan to cuddle them over coffee in the morning before the big girls get up.
It will be OK. :hugs

There are improvements happening and when I get all my files sorted out I'll link to an interesting if a bit naive site trying to make changes to the poultry industry.
Definitely there is progress. As a good start, California has at least outlawed chicken cages. The must at least be "cage free". However the definition of cage free and free range certainly need work. It is a least a start.

I have a similar problem with walnuts. Pretty soon I'll be restricted to eating foods chickens won't. I think that means starvation for me.:D
The walnuts thing is out of control here, thank you very much. They now assume that there are always walnuts in my pockets and get quite indignant when I do not have any. Thry get quite snitty! :barnie

Last edited:
I wonder if @CrazyChookChookLady would be willing to let you adopt a couple of her pullets when the time comes? You could meet up halfway between your places and have bonus human socializing as well!

It doesn't look that far on Google Maps..... :oops:
We should hold a convention some day.

Maggie update
Maggie continues to be Maggie - see below her terrorizing the young ladies and her fluffy butt grazing on the lawn this morning.
But the signs are not good. She has not passed either another lash egg or laid a real egg in over a week. So what the vet felt cannot be a regular egg.
He wants to see her again today and maybe give her an X-ray.
I am pessimistic but she didn't seem stressed going in to see him the first time so I am taking her in this afternoon.
AFB0FACA-55F9-4DCB-9217-B8EBAADEC358.jpeg

And while I’m at it, here are the babies tonight after work:
View attachment 2348786

View attachment 2348787

View attachment 2348788

I can hardly stand the cuteness! I caved and brought them back in at night this week. Tonight, I made them go to bed outside in the little red coop despite their screams. I talked sweetly to them until they calmed down. It broke my heart, but they need to be outdoor big girls now. I’ll snuggle with them in the morning over coffee before I let the big girls out.
They are really pretty!

Back
Top Bottom